Favourite song from "Iconoclast"

What's your favourite song from "Iconoclast"?

• Iconoclast

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • The End of Innocence

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dehumanized

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Bastards of the Machine

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Heretic

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Children of a Faceless God

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • When All is Lost

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Electric Messiah

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Prometheus (I Am Alive)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Light Up the Night

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Lords of Chaos

• Reign in Madness

• Total voters
Aren't you tired of hearing Russell singing excessively rough with a trashy rhytm and a badass riff all the time? Well, I like that, but it becomes repetitive and boring when it's present in so many songs...
It seems many of you feel the same as me, as the two most rated songs, Iconoclast and When All Is Lost don't have that...
In the other hand, I want the neo-classical progressive Symphony X back!!!!!!! I'm tired of listening to in-your-face songs again and again and again!!!!!!!

Agreed. I like an occasional hard rocking song but only in moderation tbh. Wicked and King of Terrors were great tracks on the Odyssey so they were much welcome. Light Up the Night is a bit too power metal double bass in your face action for me. I like the chorus alright but its very basic and straightforward.

Agreed. I like an occasional hard rocking song but only in moderation tbh. Wicked and King of Terrors were great tracks on the Odyssey so they were much welcome. Light Up the Night is a bit too power metal double bass in your face action for me. I like the chorus alright but its very basic and straightforward.

Inoticed in some interviews that they have been wanting to get heavier since V
maybe they feel they have achieved their goal, maybe it goes hand in hand with this machine-themed album. I remember MJR also saying something like at their heart,they are a metal band. Who knows, I am sure they will revisit their various themes throughout their career. I dont like all of the songs but some have that SymX vibe; its just not so overt.

What's with this "SX use so much double-base drumming now"? They've utilized straight 16th notes double-base with a simple metal rhythm on top since their first album and actually used it more often during their earlier neo-classical days than they do now.

Yes, I'm one of the two to vote for Dehumanized as our favorite song on Iconoclast. This song IMO is very even musically all the way through and has a great bridge. "Hit the switch, you son of a bitch"
fits just fine, lyrically. When All Is Lost is a close second.

I see I'm still the only person who voted for Light up the Night. I've listened to this album quite a few times now, and it's still my favorite. I guess I'm just more of a fan of the powermetal/neoclassical style of that song than most around here.

I voted in this not too long after it was originally posted and mainly voted for WAIL not only because it quite good and retains a more classic SyX sound, but also because it really is the standout track of the album due to it pretty much being the only song that is more mellow. This makes it more memorable and standout more to me; however, LUtN would probably be tied for second/third with the title track. I not only like it for the same reason you said, but I really like how the riffage before the verses give me an Evolution vibe as well.

Don't worry, I too don't understand why there isn't more love for this song. It may have to do with almost every song of the album being so constantly heavy; thus, making it harder for it to stand out to people?

yea i agree that since most of the songs are heavy, they are standing out less to most people. i bet if you took most of the songs on this album and stuck them with another symphony x album that was more varied they would get more love. i honestly think they are all good songs.

yea i agree that since most of the songs are heavy, they are standing out less to most people. i bet if you took most of the songs on this album and stuck them with another symphony x album that was more varied they would get more love. i honestly think they are all good songs.

I feel kinda the opposite about Wicked.

Does anybody think Wicked from the Odyssey could have been a track on this album musically? Maybe if it had a bit more of a mechanical vibe to it? I love the song...one of my favorites on the Odyssey, but I feel it would have been more well received on a heavier album such as this one...maybe I am dreaming?

Does anybody think Wicked from the Odyssey could have been a track on this album musically? Maybe if it had a bit more of a mechanical vibe to it? I love the song...one of my favorites on the Odyssey, but I feel it would have been more well received on a heavier album such as this one...maybe I am dreaming?

If Wicked was Iconoclast it would be one of the best songs on Iconoclast!

I've never really viewed Wicked as a balls-to-the-wall metal song, though. It's more of a groovy tune with some great melodies. King of Terrors on the other hand would probably fit in okay on Iconoclast.

i have to say Lords of Chaos..

When all is lost would be a VERY close second to my first pick. more like their older stuff. It sounds like they spent a bunch of time on composing that song, rather than just a riff oriented song.