Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

i so so SOOOOOOOOOO called the choir part in the chorus. Whats my prize?

That isn't a choir, or a choir sound. Just a vocal harmony. Same exact thing as the chorus from King Of Terrors.

Or maybe my hearing is fucked and there is a choir.

Just checked. Definitely not a choir.

That isn't a choir, or a choir sound. Just a vocal harmony. Same exact thing as the chorus from King Of Terrors.

It definitely doesn't sound like a choir to me, either. Just a regular vocal harmony. There might in fact be two harmony lines, since both Lepond and Pinnella sing during this part live (it would make no sense if they were both singing the same notes). However, the harmonies are mixed quite low and it's hard for me to tell how many there are.

^Takes money to hire a professional and recordable orchestra. Not sure if it's generally more doable in europe (it seems so). But I know it's expensive in the US. I don't know, maybe they have a good deal, or maybe they simply have the money to do it. Doesn't bother me though because MJR is damn good with samples.

I'm so excited to see what the long, mellow track will sound like.

I hope it uses unpredictable chord progressions, and creative phrasing/note choices/rhythm sections. I hope it captures a feeling or atmosphere that can only be related to that song specifically.
I'm hoping for texture, dynamics, and a sense of organic...ness.

If it's just a plain, uninspired track, I'm going to be sad :(

I just saw on Amazon that you can pre-order Iconoclast. The funny thing is that the regular edition with 1 disc is $14.66 and the special edition with 2 discs and more songs is $14.30.
What's up with that?:confused:

I just saw on Amazon that you can pre-order Iconoclast. The funny thing is that the regular edition with 1 disc is $14.66 and the special edition with 2 discs and more songs is $14.30.

Maybe trying to convince people to just buy the "real" one?

The 2 discs special edition is a digipak; that would explain why it is cheaper, since compact discs usually cost more than digipaks.

I hear you! I really dislike digipaks. They are so fragile. They don't fit on my CD rack. Why can't they release a double CD in a hard case.:(
Just another example of record companies being out of touch. I know so many people who refuse to buy digipaks no matter how many extra songs are on them...

I hear you! I really dislike digipaks. They are so fragile. They don't fit on my CD rack. Why can't they release a double CD in a hard case.:(

Double CD's in the hard case are awesome! I am pretty sure they are more expensive for the company which is why they're so rare. I hate it more when 2 CD's are in those cases where behind the first CD is the second CD and you nearly break the whole case just to get to the second CD or if you buy it online and it comes to you completely shattered in the mail. Just record companies being cheap asses.

Amazon UK lists two Iconoclast 2CD versions:
Limited Edition B004WOJ6ZK
Box Set B004WPYNY8

Anyone have any idea if there is actually any difference between the two? The prices are almost, but not quite, the same, and the release date are strangely listed as a day apart.

Thudd I'm not completely sure but I think they might both be exactly the same except one is an updated version, because I pre-ordered the one that was slightly more expensive (in case the cheaper one was single disc, even though it didn't say that) but in my order it changed the price to that of the cheaper one.