ICS VORTEX COMPLETES SOLO ALBUM

wooooo! the description sounds like a blend of everything Vortex has done previously, hahaha. Looking forward to this a lot. Especially with Asgeir on board! Watta combo!

Asgeir, Vortex, Toproom studios? Sounds like a recipe for awesome. I can't wait to hear this!

Vortex is bass as far as I know. And I'm sure Andreas isn't going anywhere. He records in his own studio privately to do the vocals, right? So that's probably why he was omitted.

I remember Dave said there was some more exciting news on the horizon but nothing has been announced since then.

Vortex is bass as far as I know. And I'm sure Andreas isn't going anywhere. He records in his own studio privately to do the vocals, right? So that's probably why he was omitted.

I remember Dave said there was some more exciting news on the horizon but nothing has been announced since then.

Yeah, you're right!... WE NEED SOME NEWS DAVE!!!!

Hey everyone-

I just wanted to let you know that Vortex sent me his album and Ive had a few listens...

Its really really cool. Without giving too much away I will say that the songwriting and structure of the songs are something I really admire. It has its own sound. Great vocal work obviously but Im most impressed with how he was able to be really creative with the themes in the music. It pretty much covers all sorts of different emotions and feelings. It doesnt really sound anything like Borknagar or Dimmu or Arcturus....yes there are elements involved in how the Vortex sound became...but all in all, its a really unique and fresh sounding album. It has its folky bits and old school feel but its definately something I dont think you will expect. I think you will really dig it.

So where is he at now? Is it mixed and completed? I know in his news release he said he was shooting for before summer 2011, but if by before summer 2011 he means by March, that would be freakin' awesome.

Not that we want him to speed things up unnecessarily. We've waited quite a while for new Vortex stuff (My Domain definitely made us all more ravenous). We're just curious if the album is going to be out sooner, rather than later!

I have no idea of what step he's at with the process right now...maybe you want to ask Jens. Im just giving my own opinion on the album.

Well, we know it's gonna r0x0r, and your opinion elevates the spirit. Was just wondering whether it was still on the cutting table, or if it was about to be released! If Jens has any ballpark estimate of when it might be released, cool, if not, it's good enough to know he's releasing something this year.

Hey everyone-

I just wanted to let you know that Vortex sent me his album and Ive had a few listens...

Its really really cool. Without giving too much away I will say that the songwriting and structure of the songs are something I really admire. It has its own sound. Great vocal work obviously but Im most impressed with how he was able to be really creative with the themes in the music. It pretty much covers all sorts of different emotions and feelings. It doesnt really sound anything like Borknagar or Dimmu or Arcturus....yes there are elements involved in how the Vortex sound became...but all in all, its a really unique and fresh sounding album. It has its folky bits and old school feel but its definately something I dont think you will expect. I think you will really dig it.

Brilliant, thanks a lot!!! Jens, we want more info.!