ID'ing old metal song - help needed

jimmy6122

New Metal Member
Aug 29, 2016
Hi folks, I've passed the last couple of hours trying to google the lyrics to an old metal song I heard back in the mid 80's. I can remember the tune and a bit of the lyrics "wouldn't you like to rock'n'roll" and the lead up to a great rhythm guitar riff which I also know how to play....the singer would scream out rock'n'roooooooooll....
something in my head tells me Ronnie J. Dio but I'm not too sure about that...or atleast I haven't been able to find it amongst his songs...and it's not "we rock".
I know it's not much to go by but if anyone can help.... that would be great

cheers

no that would be a problem as I don't have recording equipment or an amplifier at the moment.

thanks

nah definitely no keyboards...as I said I'm not convinced it's Dio...I've checked through most of his songs and there's nothing...I'll have to find a way of recording the riff somehow

no no way off the chart...that's more hard rock...the song I'm talking about is heavy metal...crude distortions like those used by Dio...I have to record it somehow

the tone of the guitar, if I remember correctly, is similar to van halens in ain't talkin bout love initial riff...and also if I remember correctly at the end of the song there's a backwards solo stopped riff that repeats and slows down until the end of the song