Idiotic lyrics

I don't know if these guys are metal or not, but check em' out anyway:

Disorderly - Bring me Down

Fuck you!!

Fuck you, 'cause I'm fed up with you.

Fuck you, 'cause I'm fed up with you!

You do nothing but bring me down (down).

Every breath of everday,

You bring me down (down) in every single way.

I've always come in last, I just cant last.

Fuck you!!

Fuck you, 'cause I'm fed up with you!

You do nothing but bring me down (down).

You bring me (me) down (down).

You (you) bring me (me) down (down).

I fucking hate you.

Fuck you.

:rolleyes:

"I'm near the edge!
I'm on the edge!
I'm off the edge!
Jump!!!"
-- Forbidden, "Off the Edge"

"Buy or Die, prices can rise every day every hour
Buy or Die, you are forced to consume
Buy or Die, prices can rise for the goods you desire
Buy or Die, Feel like Alice in Woolworthland"
-- Scanner, "Buy or Die"

"As water spins in circles twice
Spiders, snakes and the little mice
Get twisted around and tumble down
When Nature calls we all shall drown"
--Tiamat, "Gaia"

Controversial, I know, but on Opeth's 'Deliverance' album (can't remember which song) there is the following lyric...

'Every waking hour/I lie awake'

Urrr... well, isn't that a little obvious, really? I mean, you wouldn't be fast asleep in your waking hours, really, would you?

As for power metal (seeing as I started that little flare-up too), don't get me wrong, I like some of the bands in that genre, it's just that I can't take the lyrics seriously at all.

Hey Ultimate_Symphony, Disorderly is a parody of Slipknot, so putting them here is kinda stupid, methinks. And whats up with the mention of Dream Theater? Yeah, some of their lyrics can be a little cheesy(on the I&W album, for example), but at least they put some effort into ambiguities and symbolism. Seriously, there are tons of worse lyrics out there, like Mortician- Cremated

Cremated
Cooked brains
Melted flesh
Sizzling eyes
Burning death

Boiling blood
Stench of death
Charred bones
Ashes left

awe, you dont like senslessly gorey lyrics?!

POSER! hahaha. i get a kick outa those. seems like someone always has a new way to be gory. my personal favorite being endtrails ripped from a virgins cunt from cannibal corpse
~gR~

awe, you dont like senslessly gorey lyrics?!
I like senselessly gorey movies, but when it comes to lyrics, I`d rather gouge out my eyes than listen to inane shit like the Mortician text above.

Hypocrite?
How? I think it`s perfectly okay to differentiate between two artforms. While I might get a kick out of watching stuff like Dead Alive/Braindead, Bad Taste and Cannibal Holocaust because of the extremely graphic content, I think descriptions of the acts in song lyrics is asinine and stupid. How does this make me a hypocrite? If you are looking to bash me for my(admittedly)rash and uninformed rant over at the Black Metal thread, I have already apologized for that and explained my position.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
I reckon gore lyrics can be pretty good, if done correctly. That Morician stuff above is badly written, barely-constructed and ill-thought out garbage. Something like The County Medical Examiners, though, is still gore-centric whilst being intelligent and articulate.

isnt everything mortician does terrible? cept their drummer, he's as solid as a rock :lol:
~gR~

I can actually put up with Mortician's music... I just wish they'd lose the over-long movie samples, they ruin the flow of the album, destroy the momentum. If the tracks themselves were longer and slightly more varied, they'd rock. As it is, I reckon they're just okay.

I am a huge fan of Mortician, though, I agree completely about those fucking movie samples. :mad:

Originally posted by Harp Heaven
How? I think it`s perfectly okay to differentiate between two artforms. While I might get a kick out of watching stuff like Dead Alive/Braindead, Bad Taste and Cannibal Holocaust because of the extremely graphic content, I think descriptions of the acts in song lyrics is asinine and stupid. How does this make me a hypocrite? If you are looking to bash me for my(admittedly)rash and uninformed rant over at the Black Metal thread, I have already apologized for that and explained my position.

No, this is not about some random black metal thread. I just can't see why you find gore lyrics idiotic and yet at the same time can enjoy gore-movies very much.

I can actually put up with Mortician's music... I just wish they'd lose the over-long movie samples, they ruin the flow of the album, destroy the momentum. If the tracks themselves were longer and slightly more varied, they'd rock. As it is, I reckon they're just okay.
Out of curiosity, was it you who said on a thread once that you liked alot of other stuff besides metal, that most metalheads wouldn't approve of?:)

Originally posted by MacMoney
No, this is not about some random black metal thread. I just can't see why you find gore lyrics idiotic and yet at the same time can enjoy gore-movies very much.
For the very same reason people think eating chicken curry is good but don`t necessarily think reading descriptions of its taste is the same.