If Metallica...

lol who the hell thinks v for vendetta is the best film ever. seriously.

ok, i don't like half the stuff in that other list anyway. here's a list of really fucking cool films, some aren't 'cult' exactly but they belong here anyway:
the thing
blade runner
mulholland drive
dead ringers
fireworks
dog day afternoon
the treasure of the sierra madre
double indemnity
barton fink
blood simple
fargo
once upon a time in the west
taxi driver
the long goodbye
chinatown
unforgiven
the conversation
apocalypse now
the usual suspects
airplane!
brazil
groundhog day
memento
heat

when the coen brothers aren't doing slapstick screwball nonsense they're always so fucking good. those of you who've only seen the big lebowski and fargo should seriously watch 'no country for old men', 'barton fink', 'the man who wasn't there', 'blood simple', even 'the hudsucker proxy', it's all great. you can get coen dvd collections with a lot of these films on, or at least you can over here.

No Country For Old Men impressed me quite a bit, and I've never been one to be overly fond of movies in general. When it comes to the arts, I've always tended to stick primarily with literature and secondarily to music, but I've been meaning to get into film. It's a vastly uncharted territory for me.

Good Metallica discussion guys.

No Country For Old Men impressed me quite a bit, and I've never been one to be overly fond of movies in general. When it comes to the arts, I've always tended to stick primarily with literature and secondarily to music, but I've been meaning to get into film. It's a vastly uncharted territory for me.

i recommend starting with 'the seventh seal' and 'aguirre: the wrath of god', not only gorgeously artistic but metal as fuck. the latter is absolutely incredible actually.

for me the greatest director ever is tarkovsky though, his films are just indescribable, poetry in motion, they'll totally change the way you think about film.