If Metallica...

I believe that the last good album was the black album, firs tof all.

Second of all, observe their themes, especially for MOP: War. War has it's intense parts, and their quiet, somber parts; just like the albums. AJFA has those parts too, but MOP pretty much started that. Of course, I'm not a soldier, but I assume that's how it goes in war.

I'm gonna go ahead and just assume that's not what they were going for...

However, the signs of catering to the public are there as early as MOP. Master Of Puppets was the beginning of the whole thing about putting a soft song on every album, they had more of a commercial sound, less raw production. The black album was just the readily identifiable point where they totally went over, but the signs were there before.

What about Fade to Black? Mellow song on Ride the Lightning. And both Fade and Sanitarium may be slower and contain more picking, they are both fully metal and both kick ass. In fact, I would argue that RtL had more "commercial" songs than Master of Puppets. For Whom the Bell Tolls is probably the most well known song from the first three albums, and Escape just kinda sucks.

Why would they have to mention Mustaine? He was only in it for a year, they never recorded with him and it was before their first album came out I think.

Anyway he's just some girl who's so up himself his ass is almost coming out his mouth

Why would they have to mention Mustaine? He was only in it for a year, they never recorded with him and it was before their first album came out I think.

Anyway he's just some girl who's so up himself his ass is almost coming out his mouth

Plus Megadeth sucks live, Mustaine is a born again christian so he refuses to play some songs.

Plus Megadeth sucks live

I'm not a Megadeth fanboy, really, but that's just incorret, sir.

Their gigs are usually very good. Decent tracklist and top musicians. Mustaine always has good musicians around him, no matter what formation of Megadeth We're talking about.

What makes me somewhat pissed about their gigs is Mustaine's Rockstar attitude and his awful vocals.

I'm not a Megadeth fanboy, really, but that's just incorret, sir.

Their gigs are usually very good. Decent tracklist and top musicians. Mustaine always has good musicians around him, no matter what formation of Megadeth We're talking about.

What makes me somewhat pissed about their gigs is Mustaine's Rockstar attitude and his awful vocals.

You know what I mean. Since he's born again, there are songs he won't play because of it. Some great songs.

Listen to Lars crappy drumming, Kirk Hammets retarded wah-wah solos, and the watered down riffs and tell me it isn't sloppy. Metallica started selling out earlier than the self-titled.

What does that mean? Sloppiness == selling out?

You know what I mean. Since he's born again, there are songs he won't play because of it. Some great songs.

Yes, from that point of view.

Fact is, he's a moron. If I'm not mistaken, he refused to play in a festival where Rotting Christ would also be playing, and demanded they shouldn't participate due to religious issues. It happened a few years ago, don't remember exactly where.

That's fucking BS.

Yes, from that point of view.

Fact is, he's a moron. If I'm not mistaken, he refused to play in a festival where Rotting Christ would also be playing, and demanded they shouldn't participate due to religious issues. It happened a few years ago, don't remember exactly where.

That's fucking BS.

Yeah, just because they play there, doesn't mean that they believe what is being said. Stupid.

However, the signs of catering to the public are there as early as MOP. Master Of Puppets was the beginning of the whole thing about putting a soft song on every album, they had more of a commercial sound, less raw production. The black album was just the readily identifiable point where they totally went over, but the signs were there before.

I don't really see why putting a mellower song automatically entails selling out. By the time Black Album came out maybe, but before that? Maybe they, you know, just came up with a slow jam that they happened to like? Come on now, every bad boy has a soft side.

Escape was clearly a commercially driven song and was even alluded to as such in contemporary interviews with the band, toward which they expressed regret.

The Shortest Dildo
Ain't My Dildo
King Dildo
Master of Dildos
Dildo Me
Dildo of The Day
St. Dildo
Disposable Dildos
Welcome Home (Dildo)
My Dildo
Dildo Messiah
Dildo Lord
The Dildo Within
Trapped Under Dildos
Dildo Inc.
Wherever I May Dildo
Harvester of Dildos
Fight Dildo With Dildo
The Four Dildos
The Call of Dildo
... And Dildos For All
Eye of The Dildo
Enter Dildo

I don't really see why putting a mellower song automatically entails selling out. By the time Black Album came out maybe, but before that? Maybe they, you know, just came up with a slow jam that they happened to like? Come on now, every bad boy has a soft side.
But the slower songs on Master Of Puppets are jammed in there half-heartedly and repeat the same damn riff for some 6 to 8 fucking minutes. At least on AJFA they repeated good riffs.

Metallica's first five albums ranked in order of preference:

1)And Justice for All
2)Ride the Lightning
3)The self-titled
4) Master of Puppets and Kill 'em All are equal in quality, imo, as in they're pretty good by themselves, but the former is lacking in the evocative guitarwork/ riffs department and needs a crunchier production, and the latter is brought down by Hetfield's poor vocals.

Escape was clearly a commercially driven song and was even alluded to as such in contemporary interviews with the band, toward which they expressed regret.

I dont see what's so commercial about it, maybe the chorus is a bit happier than the rest of their songs, but on the other hand the verses seem deliberately uncatchy with the 5/4 rythm thing.