If Metallica...

Metallicas newer albums do have strong country and rock influences, but for whatever reasons they suck at being influenced by these so it would make more sense to actually listen to actual rock or country bands. I don't see the point in listening to some worn out 80's metal band.

Metallica could release a gangster rap/techno album with pictures of dicks on the album sleeve and there would still be Hot Topic/Guitar Hero fanfags hurrying toward their local Hot Topic to buy razorblades, an Invader zim shirt, and Metallica's Dick Magnetic.

:lol:

Majority of bands are not worn out did not play long and released 1,2 albums 15 years ago. It's not not the samething.

Wow! You have no ears!

But really, Killing was pretty cheap sounding, but it wasn't really "loose". Mechanix, though...mistake.
Listen to Lars crappy drumming, Kirk Hammets retarded wah-wah solos, and the watered down riffs and tell me it isn't sloppy. Metallica started selling out earlier than the self-titled.

Listen to Lars crappy drumming, Kirk Hammets retarded wah-wah solos, and the watered down riffs and tell me it isn't sloppy. Metallica started selling out earlier than the self-titled.

I'll admit the wah solos aren't as great as before, but there are some good songs on the black album.

Plus, who are you to say that they've sold out?? What have any of us on this message board done to get to their level of success?? If you don't like an album, don't say they've sold out!!

I agree with Deicidal about the sell out thing. Assuming you feel Metallica sold out, it's dumb to say they sold out that early. What happened is they released One, and it was so popular with the general public that it gave them a taste of what they could have if they appealed to a wider audience. So to me it seems that the self titled is exactly when they sold out, if indeed they did sell out.

I agree with Deicidal about the sell out thing. Assuming you feel Metallica sold out, it's dumb to say they sold out that early. What happened is they released One, and it was so popular with the general public that it gave them a taste of what they could have if they appealed to a wider audience. So to me it seems that the self titled is exactly when they sold out, if indeed they did sell out.

I think that when the self-titled was released, they decided to take on different themes, different tempos, crossing into different genres. I don't consider that selling out. I personally enjoyed it.

But after Load, they fucking sucked. :)

However, the signs of catering to the public are there as early as MOP. Master Of Puppets was the beginning of the whole thing about putting a soft song on every album, they had more of a commercial sound, less raw production. The black album was just the readily identifiable point where they totally went over, but the signs were there before.

However, the signs of catering to the public are there as early as MOP. Master Of Puppets was the beginning of the whole thing about putting a soft song on every album, they had more of a commercial sound, less raw production. The black album was just the readily identifiable point where they totally went over, but the signs were there before.

I believe that the last good album was the black album, firs tof all.

Second of all, observe their themes, especially for MOP: War. War has it's intense parts, and their quiet, somber parts; just like the albums. AJFA has those parts too, but MOP pretty much started that. Of course, I'm not a soldier, but I assume that's how it goes in war.