If you can't sing backwards, don't sing at all!

Or he could just say this:
"eh eeseh. nashe see ooh seh. yajan ho. ra so sheen oo ah."

I tried to transcribe the lyrics to the best of my ability on that part o_O

Seriously guys, the Stairway to Heaven thing was debunked like how many decades ago? It's just your mind filling in what it wants to hear, helped along greatly by having lyrics displayed right in front of you.

I do believe the stairway thing is real, since it was very popular at the time, and almost every band did it. :p
but on the other hand it's just like selling a toast-jesus on ebay..

Is that a common expression in English, not only in french?

They use it in other language. I wonder why, because it's actually French. There are some other "English" words like that, such as "rendez-vous".

Thread-related : Ummm, well it would have been fun if he sung reversed, like, you know... just for fun. But it's not so important. Who cares.

Or he could just say this:
"eh eeseh. nashe see ooh seh. yajan ho. ra so sheen oo ah."

I tried to transcribe the lyrics to the best of my ability on that part o_O

That's completely wrong. If you say that backwards it would be:

"ah oo neehs os ar. Oh najay. Hes ooh ees ehsan. Hesee eh."

Well he did in the watershed DVD :lol:

Yes, I was wondering what he would do live. I thought he was speaking swedish or something originally, but now it all makes sense and the silence was cool if not oddly lacking.

This posting was great!
They could play Hessian Peel backwards, in that way, he wouldn't have to sing the backwards-part backwards. Problem solved.

"naties teews ym...ui ees ia"

draytroc eht vo tua....tgianot kab emoc"

you're welcome.

:headbang:

So, I was at the first show of the current US tour last night at Sayreville, NJ at the Starland. It was a good show. They didn't play Bleak, which I was hoping for, but all in all a good long 2hr set that was pretty diverse. They did play Hessian Peel, which as you know has 15 secs of backwards singing, so I was pretty interested to hear Mikael sing backwards. So, what happened? NOTHING. He didn't sing at all. It turned into an instrumental segment for the entire part. It was weird since I was expecting some voice over but I guess singing backwards will left to Robert Plant/Led Zep, a la, Stairway to Heaven. Anybody have any other thoughts on this?

He does do the backwards vocal part on the bonus DVD for Watershed special edition, so I was expecting him to do the same live... I did think it was kinda weird that he didn't do it... oh well.

He does do the backwards vocal part on the bonus DVD for Watershed special edition, so I was expecting him to do the same live... I did think it was kinda weird that he didn't do it... oh well.

if ain't REALLY broke don't fix it.

I tried it hahaha. It didn't really sound much like the original when put backwards.

"naties teews ym...ui ees ia"

draydroc ehd vo tua....gianot kab moc"

believe me.