If you could only listen to ONE band...

And if Ozzy wasn't such a money grubbing bastard, they would still be called Sabbath...... I vote yes.

Podgie! Optimus! We need a list of rules! :lol:

Okay, this is how it's going to be regarding the Heaven & Hell/Black Sabbath issue... It's not the same band, but if you choose Black Sabbath as you're band I'm going to allow you to listen to Heaven & Hell records.

If anyone disagrees, I disagree. I make the rules around here! :lol:

Yeah, they're the only exception I can think of. I mean, technically they're not Black Sabbath, because they're Heaven & Hell... but as Keenan kindly pointed out that's only due to legal reasons. As everyone knows they've all been in Black Sabbath at the same time and released albums under that name together. Now they're Heaven & Hell literally the only thing that has changed is the name, they haven't altered their sound - at all.

I think for me, ultimately it would have to be Judas Priest.

Megadeth do come pretty close. As do Celtic Frost. If I could choose all of Tom Warrior's projects (Hellhammer, Frost, Apollyon Sun and Triptykon) I would be sorted too.

That's a tough one. Torn between Metallica, Mastodon and Black Sabbath. I'd love to say Mastodon, if future albums count? :p Otherwise Metallica probably, very closely followed by Sabbath. Megadeth for the rest of my life would probably be torture. :ill: Personally, Rust in Peace is their only album I whole-heartedly enjoy the whole way through.

That's a tough one. Torn between Metallica, Mastodon and Black Sabbath. I'd love to say Mastodon, if future albums count? :p Otherwise Metallica probably, very closely followed by Sabbath. Megadeth for the rest of my life would probably be torture. :ill: Personally, Rust in Peace is their only album I whole-heartedly enjoy the whole way through.

We're in the exact same boat haha!

TestAmenT

Testament has so much variety in their music throughout all their albums, and i think Chuck Billy is the best singer ever,he has so much range it's crazy.

The Legacy -An amazing thrash debut, really fast melodic stuff on this record,as far as chucks vocals there's a lot of fast yelling (not like Slayer) but in a good almost melodic way (Alone In the Dark). Stunning guitar work on this album too from Alex Skolnick,If your a guitarist and don't know Alex, you got some studying to do.

The New Order-This album is were testament started getting really good, this album has the ''Classic Testament sound''. this album is just awesome, fucking amazing, a lot of the songs have really good guitar intros, chucks voice is just great on this one. it's one of my favorites i just can't help banging my head when i hear this album.

Practice What You Preach- this one is another classic testament sounding record. this one is a lot like the New Order, but it's also a little different. This album has a little more of a Mainstream feel, but it's still very thrash. there's some slower sounding songs on here,but for the most part it's just good testament thrash.

Souls Of Black- Just great Testament, I like this one more that practice what you preach, I think this is were they were trying to be better than Metallica,I wish they would have gotten way bigger than Metallica. You have to become a Sell Out band to get that big.

The Ritual- this is were the thrash disappeared. A lot of just plain heavy metal, some slow songs, but in all honesty I love this album it is really good. Right around this era chucks voice was in it's prime. The first time I ever heard Electric Crown I pretty much needed a new pair of underwear, because of chuck's voice. It's so much different from the previous albums.
This song is epic :worship:

Low- This was the first album without the original line up. I honestly don't really know how to describe this album properly. It's really heavy,it's got a weird variety of styles on it,but it is very kick ass. chuck uses death vocals on this record for the first time.i love his vocals on this album they're just fuckin awesome.

Demonic-This album the just went pure death metal. almost all death vocals. Gene Hoglans on drums, the whole album is heavy as shit. That's all i can say about this album.

The Gathering- MASTERPIECE!!!! Every song on this album is amazing. I would consider this pure brutal thrash metal,Pure testament,pure awesome. This album must be heard. MUST. Dave Lombardo from Slayer on drums, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass make it the ultimate lineup.

check out the rest of the album too.

The Formation Of Damnation- MASTERPIECE x2!!!! This album is a lot like the gathering, just pure brutal thrash, except this one has a lot of really melodic choruses, and of course pure testament brutality. I own Both the vinyl versions of this, a sealed copy, a signed copy ,and the deluxe tour edition.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZBcNOgg7M&feature=related[/ame]

I just think Testament has so much variety and they have had so many talented members. I went through the Metallica Phase and the Megadeth Phase, but both those bands have some kinda shitty records, In my Opinion Testament has never had a shitty album.:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator: