If you had any doubts about Stu Block as the Iced Earth vocalist...

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO

Audio quality: good, but not very good...better than a cell phone video normally is.

This is Stu doing my favorite Iced Earth song and fucking nailing it. He doesn't do it quite as melodic as Matt during the verses (okay with me, since it's essentially a thrash song), but he fucking NAILS the highs during the chorus. Enjoy. :wave:

Oh, and they better play this on their American tour or I will be (slightly) disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
He sounds like he can nail both the Matt and the Tim songs very well. I think he was an excellent choice.

my favorite Iced Earth song
You, sir, have exquisite taste.

and fucking nailing it.
Holy shit...I've watched quite a few live vids from the tour, but that, more than any other, convinced me that Stu is the right fit. I still have my doubts about certain songs ("A Question of Heaven" being the main one that I'm not sure Stu has the right feel for), but it's clear that he's perfect for a good portion of Iced Earth's catalog.

That was badass. Now let's find a real lead guitarist. That guy makes a mess of the simple intro/outro here and his improvisations of the solos in songs from before his joining are awful. I didn't really expect to miss Larry (who was fired/quit long ago--I'm getting reacquainted with IE after several years off).

That was badass. Now let's find a real lead guitarist. That guy makes a mess of the simple intro/outro here and his improvisations of the solos in songs from before his joining are awful. I didn't really expect to miss Larry (who was fired/quit long ago--I'm getting reacquainted with IE after several years off).

Troy is by far the best lead player they have ever had. Check out Festivals of the Wicked and see how he plays on that... tasty is how I classify Troy! Plus he by far is the most schooled of any Iced Earth lead players...

To me, Troy is the second best addition (behind Stu, of course) that Jon has ever come up with!:worship: