if you hear voices, but can't understand what they're saying, is it okay?

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
meaning, since they're not telling you to like, say.... stick knitting needles in your eyes... it's pretty okay? well?

hmmm.

this is weird, too. i was watching an old Outer Limits episode last night, where two sentient rocks were talking to each other, and this guy could hear them because he had a plate in his head.

i don't think you have a plate in your head. although i might try to knock on your skull to verify this.

anyhow, the rocks told him to jump out a window. they were unsuccessful. so you really don't even have to worry about it if they were, y'know?

disembodied voices are weak.

yea i mean, but what i am saying is, say person a can hear voices, but can't even tell what they're saying... that is like, ten times as safe as hearing voices and having to ignore what they're saying, right?
whereas person b has voices he can hear clearly and he finally just snaps and starts trying to dig them out of his head with the hooked end of a hammer in desperation.
um
for example.

no, no it's not....

it's just one of those questions like 'if a tree falls in the woods blah blah blah' because you know, maybe hearing voices isn't so bad? i mean, what if they're saying nice things like 'ohhh i love those pants on you!' or "your hair looks so awesome today!"

haha. remember when NJ totally freaked out on me because she said i was posting about having a schizophrenic friend to seem cool? well, like, anyway, HERE I GO AGAIN SHOWING OFF MY LOONY FRIENDZ,
but he used to hear voices that would tell him he was the smartest man alive.

here's another related story.

last friday at the providence bus station where i was waiting to get my bus back home, i saw a bunch of emergency vehicles with their lights on at the other end blocking the buses from getting in and i overheard someone saying that the cause of the disturbance was a crazy guy hearing voices in his head that told him to call for immediate assitance.

Originally posted by the_preppy
haha. remember when NJ totally freaked out on me because she said i was posting about having a schizophrenic friend to seem cool? well, like, anyway, HERE I GO AGAIN SHOWING OFF MY LOONY FRIENDZ,
but he used to hear voices that would tell him he was the smartest man alive.

so you were really talking about yourself when you mentioned your schizo friend? :loco:

no, i was talking about my friend, who isn't schizo, he has schizophrenia.

deadair, send the check to goatschool. he's my agent.

diagnosis:

you can not understand the voices in your head because they are not speaking in a language you can comprehend.

obviously, you are having some sort of immigrant picnic in your head.

and yes, this is completely safe. one of them is wearing an ADIDAS t-shirt, and discussing the phenomenon of yachts.

i think they may be from eastern europe.

if it was Eastern europe it would be a cheap knock off of an ADIDAS shirt sold at city flea markets...it would have "ADIBAS" scrolled across the front...