If you were to do an Opeth tribute gig?

jaykeegan

Jan 27, 2004
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
If you were to do an Opeth tribute gig, what 8 songs (8 being the Encore) would your setlist consist of?

Note: I am not asking this because I am actually considering following through with something like this (Although It would be rather cool) i am just simply asking out of curiousity.

My setlist would consist of the following in order,

1. In Mist She Was Standing
2. Advent
3. Forest Of October
4. The Twilight Is My Robe
5. Windowpane
6. Serenity Painted Death
7. To Bid You Farewell
8. Demon Of The Fall

Me and a friend actually thought of doing an acoustic Opeth-Tribute performance, with all sorts of Opeth pieces mixed together.

I'd love to nail the Funeral Portrait solos live on stage *droooools*. Oh man can you imagine that.. you got like 3 guitarists on stage, one playing the rhythm and the other two harmonizing it off through the roof....

Mine would be very similar to Moonlapses, except I would extend the setlist to add Forest of October and Apostle in Triumph. I would leave Epilogue as the closing track.

I would like to do this, all though no one in my city/town even knows who Opeth is, much less finding the people to put this all together. If I could find guitarists/bass player I would be happy to drum to these awesome tracks.

1. Nectar
2. Windowpane
3. Moonlapse Vertigo
4. The Amen Corner
5. Under The Weeping Moon
6. Wreath
7. Blackwater Park
8. Epilogue

Look, I even cover all albums! (now I really do!)

Covering all albums:

Forest of October
April Ethereal + When
Nectar
Serenity
The Funeral Portrait
Windowpane
Wreath

Encore:
Demon of the Fall

My band is doing The Funeral Portrait and Demon of the Fall as covers. I would love to play:

Godhead's Lament
Serenity Painted Death
Advent
Forest of October
-break-
Ending Credits
Hope Leaves
Master's Apprentice
The Leper Affinity
-encore-
The Blackwater Park