Ihsahn

Didn't say Trym was bad in any way - he just definitely has a way more chaotic style, which is also due to the production at least on the earlier Emperor stuff. Considering what he's been heard doing since "IX", it would be ridiculous to claim he cannot play. I wouldn't let him play on a Spiral Architect album though, haha...
Anway, I just realized today that I like the new Keep of Kalessin album way better than Ihsahn's.

Occam's Razor said:
Didn't say Trym was bad in any way - he just definitely has a way more chaotic style, which is also due to the production at least on the earlier Emperor stuff. Considering what he's been heard doing since "IX", it would be ridiculous to claim he cannot play. I wouldn't let him play on a Spiral Architect album though, haha...
Anway, I just realized today that I like the new Keep of Kalessin album way better than Ihsahn's.

Keep of Kalessin kicks ass, I have Reclaim and its a gem, Im definately picking up Armada and The Adversary also.

I was really surprised, as I always considered Keep of Kalessin to be an also-ran. Yet again, I am not the greatest black metal expert, so I have been wrong. This thing kicks seriously: great production, and discernible songs with good guitar playing and glimpses beyond the blackness...and a singer that is not your usual screamy tapestry on top of the noise.

The samples definitely sound hellishly good, no surprise though, 'cause an album with Ihsahn, Asgeir and Garm can't be bad!

Thusfar, the song Keep of Kalessin put online is excellent headbanging style BM. I must've listened to it dozens of time and I still worship it. Really, April's gonna be one hell of a month, with all these damn cool releases. Some more that are gonna be released then: Melechesh, Textures, Cult of Luna, Novembre, Satyricon, Ikuinen Kaamos...
I'll be a happy man. :oops:

Go to http://www.myspace.com/ihsahnband and you can hear the songs Panem Et Circences, Called By Fire and Astera Ton Proinon

theadversary_cover.jpg

Hieronimus said:
Really, April's gonna be one hell of a month, with all these damn cool releases. Some more that are gonna be released then: Melechesh, Textures, Cult of Luna, Novembre, Satyricon, Ikuinen Kaamos...
I'll be a happy man. :oops:

You have forgotten Enslaved. The Textures album is also pretty decent.

Well, who said that it is crappy has probably no clue about the band. I mean, what you can criticise is the sound at best, because it is not polished at all, But again, if you think so, you probably are not familiar with black metal at all or too much used to clean productions and nicely triggered drums. This here just fits Enslaved perfectly, and let someone tell you this who is not a fan of lo-fi "underground" aesthetics.