I'm-a gonna ask for an absurdly huge raise tomorrow

A few years back I wrote a letter of resignation, then told the president I needed to sit down and talk with him. I didn't have to use it, but I did have a job offer at the time and was prepared to hand it to him if I didn't get what I wanted. It worked, woo!

My biggest raise I've ever gotten was completely unexpected, haha. I was sitting there a few months ago and my boss said "I'm giving you a $15,000 raise, so you better bust ass this year." I'm currently earning it which... well I'm okay with it for now. My company is getting pretty huge though, I preferred it when it was a small time operation. :erk:

well, not as much as NAD or lurch but pretty close. i got exactly what i asked for which is pretty unbelievable. i shouldve asked for more hahaha! anyway, i ended up with a 20.7% increase without a change in job status. im doing the exact same thing with the exception of training a new RN and that comes with a premium. woot!
so like any true american im working on ways to have this money spent before i even see any of it. maybe ill buy a brand new car. i mean the 6 miles round trip i drive to work kinda warrants it. :loco:

no, what they are doing to you :p Thats brokeback.

and boo urns is from simpsons!

Crowd: BOO BURNS!!!!
Mr. Burns: Are they booing me smithers?
Smithers: No, they were saying uhhh.. BOO URNS! BOO URNS!!!
Mr. Burns: Were you saying Boo or Boo urns?
Crowd: *pelts him with crap*
Hans Moleman: I was saying boo urns...

i cant imagine having a government job. how do you negotiate a raise? isnt it very structured? in my field, you just say, "uhhm..yeah, im gonna need more money." (within reason of course, haha).
i saw one of my friends the other night and he said he was making "$64" an hour because he was on call and the manager called him in. thats about $14 more an hour than your new Nurse Anesthetist (highest paying Master's-prepared nurse position) makes. granted, the dude's base rate is probably $30-35 but you see my point. great field to be in right now.

Medical in the states = ridiculous amounts of money.

Theres a company hiring a fuckton of our grads, and they're going international.

They setup the software/computers in a customized privatized network setup for the results from MRI and catscans and shit. Their software lets radiologists do some cool shit with it and they can even access the data from home and crap. it's cool.

it is very structured, yes.

technically, I have the right to request what they call a desk audit, which is when a job classifier comes in, studies what you do, and writes up what grade level it is.

in reality, if you request an audit and your boss takes offense, he might start nitpicking about minutes of attendance, etc.

I can't negotiate, true. What I can do is say, look, my predecessor was a GS-5 and you upgraded him through 7, then 9, then 11, then 12. I've been doing his work now for XXX months and think I've picked up the reins fairly well. Let's get some hump bump humpin paperwork going here!

(In reality, the key to this job is an up-to-date rolodex :lol: )

lizard said:
in reality, if you request an audit and your boss takes offense, he might start nitpicking about minutes of attendance, etc.
oh god. that sucks.
good luck to you. if you need a reference let me know.
"i've known lizard for about one year now. We met on an internet forum called Royal Pinkage. I know he had long hair and a beard at one point....." :lol:

dorian gray said:
so like any true american im working on ways to have this money spent before i even see any of it. maybe ill buy a brand new car. i mean the 6 miles round trip i drive to work kinda warrants it. :loco:

Something I noticed over the past 2 days - 90% of people who drive a car worth over $60,000 (BMW or Mercedes, generally) pay for fuel by credit card. These fuckers have no money of their own. I only say this in such a surprised manner because I thought this was primarily occuring in the US. I was wrong.

i use my credit card for a lot of purchases. Then at the end of the day I just go online and transfer money from my bank account to my CC to pay it off.