I'm-a gonna ask for an absurdly huge raise tomorrow

yeah, credit card > debit card when you do it that way, at least for me. Fucking fees on the debit card, no fees on the credit card. Works awesome.

Décadent said:
Something I noticed over the past 2 days - 90% of people who drive a car worth over $60,000 (BMW or Mercedes, generally) pay for fuel by credit card. These fuckers have no money of their own.
interesting. i cant imagine driving a car that costs more than $10,000. there's just no point. driving is so incredibly boring and annoying anyway, im really considering riding the bus when i run errands.
re: credit cards - those folks probably just dont want to carry cash. but im often amazed at the number of people i see on a daily basis with cars that cost > $30,000. theres simply not that many people with that kind of money. in other words, youre right, people dont have any money of their own.

Conspicuously Absent said:
yeah, credit card > debit card when you do it that way, at least for me. Fucking fees on the debit card, no fees on the credit card. Works awesome.
i dont have fees for either one. it depends on what kind of CC you have and what bank you have your DC through. i know AMEX has an annual fee.

dorian gray said:
interesting. i cant imagine driving a car that costs more than $10,000. there's just no point. driving is so incredibly boring and annoying anyway, im really considering riding the bus when i run errands.
re: credit cards - those folks probably just dont want to carry cash. but im often amazed at the number of people i see on a daily basis with cars that cost > $30,000. theres simply not that many people with that kind of money. in other words, youre right, people dont have any money of their own.

It's not a cash thing. Most people pay by debit card, which is money in your SAVINGS account. A credit account is money that is not yours, but the banks, until such a time as you pay it back, which leads to fees.

The fact that they pay by credit (in this country at least) indicates that they have no money of their own, they just repay the bank on payday and live off their credit line for the next week.

Also, car values are significantly skewed between our two countries. Try halving any numbers I spout and that's probably closer to your local value.

Décadent said:
The fact that they pay by credit (in this country at least) indicates that they have no money of their own, they just repay the bank on payday and live off their credit line for the next week.
gotcha. how much is gasohol going for down there in aussie dollars?

dang. that's alot. how nice would it be to be free of the shackles of oil? or at least much much less dependent. i want to stop driving just to watch the middle east crumble (which wouldnt happen because china is going to sustain them until the supply runs out - which will be, apparently, NEVER)

I still don't drive, and when I do, it'll be a motorbike, which is like, 5000x cheaper to run than fucking cars. I just feel lucky to live in a country who's economy is based on alcohol and not petrol and war.

yeah, a ninja 250R gets *80* miles per gallon!!!! and despite it's tiny engine is considered one of the most fun sportbikes you can get.
speaking of, i looked into bikes again recently but they just dont make sense for me right now. what if i needed to take the baby somewhere and the wife was out with the car?

Twas $1.229 per litre when I knocked off this afternoon. That's like, $0.94 US dollarz

dorian gray said:
dang. that's alot.

LOL. Petrol prices in this country and currently around 95 pence per litre, which is approximately $1.75 US per litre. Soon to reach the "magical" £1 mark.

Doom said:
LOL. Petrol prices in this country and currently around 95 pence per litre, which is approximately $1.75 US per litre. Soon to reach the "magical" £1 mark.

the man speaks the truth
I had to change my car to a deisel to double my mileage
I get just under 80 miles to £10 now
which is still sucky