Im a new fan, need some help

The Yngster

Jun 7, 2002
New York, USA
Visit site
This has probably been done a thousand times, but I need some help. I'm a little short on cash, so I can only afford one or two albums at the moment, and I like what I've heard from this band. Can I get some quick recommendations on which albums to start out with?

oh yngster you should have asked that question on the symphony x board i'm there as well :p

well just to help ya out check out Still Life, Morning Rise or My Arms, Your Hearse

hope that helped:D

defiantley blackwater park, the easiest to get into.

from there head for stilllife and work backwards.

my arms your hearse is difficult to get into if your new.

Who says this guy wants to take the easy way out? Damn, if I were ever in an army with you guys, I'd have men guarding the bloody exits. :lol:

Go for Orchid. I was just starting my adventure in metaldom when I came across that absolute gem, and I wouldn't have it any other way, now. I mean, why not start at the beginning? Orchid all the way.

NP: Borknagar - Inherit the Earth

Well thanks I guess, turns out I have to start out with all of them :D I'll probably go with Blackwater Park (I've heard the title track and its brilliant), then Orchid. I am rather new to growlers, I haven't liked them much in the past, but I enjoyed the songs I've heard from Opeth.

if your not big on growls then i believe Still Life is the album for you, it seems to have the least amount of growls (Though they're still there :) ) and it has some of the most gorgeous acoustics ive heard by Opeth. However, My Arms Your Hearse is my favorite thanks to the tracxk When, but regardless, any Opeth album is worth 10 of any other band's so itll be a good investment regardless. Rock On \m/