I'm back for good \o/

Welcome back dude :) I've been waiting for some new material from you :D

Cheers guys! I'm actually in the process of recording a 4-song Mammoth EP called Free will and nine millimeters, which will be a free download. After the songs are done (still need to finish the writing of one and record two), I'll begin the hunt for a vocalist to do all the tracks. I'll definitely post some news when there's more to say :)

Cheers guys! I'm actually in the process of recording a 4-song Mammoth EP called Free will and nine millimeters, which will be a free download. After the songs are done (still need to finish the writing of one and record two), I'll begin the hunt for a vocalist to do all the tracks. I'll definitely post some news when there's more to say :)

Congrats on finishing! I live in the UK and am 2 years into my university degree. Lots of my friends are taking placements next year and as my mother is Finnish I have been thinking (not in much detail!) about doing the Finnish national service.

Obviously Im not expecting a walk in the park or anything, but can you look back at the experience and say it was worth doing?

Wait...you live in England and are in college (sorry, University :rolleyes: :D), and are considering volunteering for Finnish national service? o_O

Why...?

Yes I got that, but my thinking was that just because one is able to endure boot camp and mandatory military ass-raping, doesn't mean one should...

Congrats on finishing! I live in the UK and am 2 years into my university degree. Lots of my friends are taking placements next year and as my mother is Finnish I have been thinking (not in much detail!) about doing the Finnish national service.

Obviously Im not expecting a walk in the park or anything, but can you look back at the experience and say it was worth doing?

Yeah, I can. I got some really good friends there and as an experience my time there was pretty unique. But during the six months I was pissed off all the time and hated the place from the bottom of my heart. I would never do it again if I had the choice :D The things that most got on my nerves were the complete lack of freedom ("Sir, private Mattheiszen, permission to smoke a cigarette, Sir?"), the complete lack of privacy (Spending every day, from morning to morning, in the same room with 10 other dudes) and the fact that most of my superiors were 19-to-20-year-old fucks who had either been bullied as a kid or spoiled brats of rich families who enjoyed using their military rank as a tool to be major assholes :)

But I guess that's really a personal thing whether one likes the place or not. I admit I have an attitude problem with the whole system, so that probably alters my comments quite a bit :)

Yeah, I can. I got some really good friends there and as an experience my time there was pretty unique. But during the six months I was pissed off all the time and hated the place from the bottom of my heart. I would never do it again if I had the choice :D The things that most got on my nerves were the complete lack of freedom ("Sir, private Mattheiszen, permission to smoke a cigarette, Sir?"), the complete lack of privacy (Spending every day, from morning to morning, in the same room with 10 other dudes) and the fact that most of my superiors were 19-to-20-year-old fucks who had either been bullied as a kid or spoiled brats of rich families who enjoyed using their military rank as a tool to be major assholes :)

But I guess that's really a personal thing whether one likes the place or not. I admit I have an attitude problem with the whole system, so that probably alters my comments quite a bit :)

Yeah basically from my standpoint, its a once in a lifetime experience to have to go through something like that. Its like one of those things that I can say I have done and know what it feels like. Plus I get to learn a whole language, and find myself in a completely unfamiliar environments doing things I wouldn't necessarily find myself doing. I have heard a lot of people say that they look back fondly on it and made some of the best friends of their lives there.

Im sure you will have memories that you will never forget from there?

Well in italy (not anymore) some years ago you could choose between military and civil service (helping people, children with problems, handicaps and so on).
Well I choosed civil service.
I helped all these people and I was really happy , yeah I had to deal with stupid and arrogant young dudes with family problems, but it was ok, nothing too serious anyway.
Yeah I helped too the municipal social service lady to put the old men into the bathtub, something you may be disgusted of.
But why did I do that?
a) I hate to receive orders from an arrogant military man, believe me who the fuck are you to tell me what to do ? fuck you asshole lol!
b) it's better to help people with problem instead of not being trained the right way as a military, if they sent me to war I could have been killed in a second, yeah that's why now in italy we got a well trained military force, before it was all not well organized, maybe it's still, but they hiring guys to do it profesionally
c) People overe here that want to be a military are just fucking stupid, no intellect, just about bulling people and so on
d) I'm a free man and I felt more free helping people with problems instead of creating more problems haha

Yeah basically from my standpoint, its a once in a lifetime experience to have to go through something like that. Its like one of those things that I can say I have done and know what it feels like. Plus I get to learn a whole language, and find myself in a completely unfamiliar environments doing things I wouldn't necessarily find myself doing. I have heard a lot of people say that they look back fondly on it and made some of the best friends of their lives there.

Im sure you will have memories that you will never forget from there?

Yeah, the coolest memories are the ones that I hated the moment they happened :) Now looking back at spending 6 hours in a night guarding a road that no-one used, carrying a dude in 50cm deep snow both wearing full combat gear, spending 11 days in a filthy tent with no modern world luxuries like a shower or electricity... Yeah, I think fondly about it all now, but believe me, I really, really didn't enjoy it then :D