I'm back from the Headbanger's Ball concert

Darth Coitus

Sith Happens
Nov 26, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Damn that was awsome. Anthrax opened with a couple songs from the new album that were good, but the crowd didn't really know these so they weren't really into it yet. Then they played "Persistence of Time." That got the mostly Godsmack crowd into things a little. They followed that with "Caught in a Mosh," I believe "Safe Home" was next, then a mind-blowingly good version of "Inside Out." They also played "Only," "Anti-Social," "Nobody Knows Anything" (from the new album) and they closed with "Bring the Noise." I think that's everything they played. Like I said, this was a great concert. My only complaint would be that the sound system wasn't real good. There was more than one time both bands got feedback, and this made it hard to understand what Bush was singing at times, especially during "Bring the Noise." Even then, I can't wait to do it all again in two weeks.

Godsmack was also good, but real short. Anthrax played more than Godsmack did. I'm not real familiar with Godsmack's music, but I did recognize "Awake" and "Voodoo." After what couldn't have been more than a half hour, they were done. That kind of stunned the crowd. The drum kit was 3/4 of the way dismantled and some people still refused to leave. Still, they were good, I'm going to go out and pick up a CD or two of their's.

I only met one person from here, and I've already forgotten his name. Sorry, I suck with names. Still, to the guy who stole a poster off the wall and got Rob to sign it, it was cool meeting you.

After the concert was cool too. They gave out posters and t-shirts to everyone who came. I felt sorry for those poor girls trying to pass out shirts to 1500 people who were all pushing and shoving because they didn't know they had enough for everyone.

I was there, but I missed getting a shirt. I got a poster, but no shirt. Anyway, what did the shirts look like? Just curious.

I' had been waiting to see Anthrax for 15 years. It was great. I had the time of my life even though I went alone. I thought it sounded great except for bring the noise. That was really hard to understand. The only other songs i didn't know were the new ones that i hadn't heard before.
They also played what doesn't die and got the time. Maybe we should have started the lone justice chant.

I can't believe you forgot my name! j/k Steve must be a popular name in cleveland.

I thought Godsmack was pretty good too and I agree it was a very short set. I give them bonus points for the 2 dancers though.

Thanks for the recap Darth. Thrax's set was much bigger then I expected. That is odd they played longer then the closer but no complaints here.

the shirts have the art that derek hess did for the show on the from and it says "mtv2 headbangers ball"

the back has the date of the show, godsmack logo, mtv 2 logo, anthrax logo, the ball is back on mtv2 may 10th

Darth Coitus- that was me you met. It was cool meeting fellow boarders at the show (jdelpi, Anthraxfan, Buddy Love Bomb, and yourself). I can't wait to see them there on the 15th!!! Yeah that was crazy when people were fighting for shirts. I saw 2 chicks about beat the hell out of each other!

My skills with a scanner aren't real good, but here's a couple scans of the shirt they gave out. The front is basically everything, but the back is missing the "05.01.03" on top and most of "THE BALL IS BACK ON MTV2 MAY 10TH" under the Anthrax logo.

Spidey got the Takin the poster off the wall idea from me, I had Rob sign one, and he was like, where the hell you get that, i was like on the wall, anyways thanks for leting me use the Marker. and thanks to Steve for hookin me up with 2 shirts. and Thanks Justin for leting me leave 10 mis b-4 Charlie came out, ass hole, lol/j/k. Sorry I dident get to meet anyof you other die hards, Oh well, I drove all the way out there, now its your turns to come out to Chicago...

Southy said:
I wish 'thrax would tour down here

Just jump on a plane to Scotland (we might have an airport built soon)
for the July dates.....U can stay at mine, my girlfriends cooking sucks and the weather aint great but hell you'd get to see the Thrax!:tickled::tickled::tickled:

what's up all? Finally getting access to a computer after that show. Really cool meeting spidey, wish i would have known what anybody else looked like. Spidey was running around with a picture of me, someone should have came up! Awesome show it was, way too short for my liking, but at least i walked away with 2 t-shirts ehehhe.. posters and tons of stickers too. Can't wait to see them on the 13th in mt. clemens!