I'm building a New studio......need tips!

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I just decided today that I will be making an addition onto my house for a studio.
It will be a 24' x 24' room. And I looking at sheetrocking the room.

1. are there any alternatives to sheetrocking walls and/or ceiling for acoustics??

2. What do yall recommend for pre ran wires and/or jack plates in the walls??

anyother tips ?

in addition to insulation between the studs, put up some mineral wool and some 3-quarter inch MDF board before the sheetrock. MDF is Medium Density Fiberboard, and is available at home depot.... take someone to help out, it's heavy.

it wont help your room's acoustics, but it will make your neighbors less likely to fire weapons into your home... and if they still do, it will slow the rounds down. :zombie:

it's not square...... here is a rough look!

I got a control room with sliding door, vocal room, drumset area, and bathroom.

studio1.bmp

James Murphy said:
in addition to insulation between the studs, put up some mineral wool and some 3-quarter inch MDF board before the sheetrock. MDF is Medium Density Fiberboard, and is available at home depot.... take someone to help out, it's heavy.

it wont help your room's acoustics, but it will make your neighbors less likely to fire weapons into your home... and if they still do, it will slow the rounds down. :zombie:

lmao :headbang:

make everything AIR TIGHT! Caulk all seams and run your electrical on the exterior as to keep breaks in the wall to a minimum. Like James said, use at lease two layers of sheet rock or MDF and stagger your seams so they don't line up.

Lots of good info here

wouldn't even worry about plates, just wire up some multichannel snakes and permanently install them through the wall. Give yourself plenty of slack on both sides, solder the jacks, test each channel, and caulk/foam/concrete around the cable to seal the hole.

Check out http://www.johnlsayers.com very helpfull..

Figure out your budget then triple it... then add on a few hundred more.. all the little shit really adds up..

When we started we figured about $1,500 to 2K to convert our 3 room warehouse (1,500 sq feet) into something a little more usefull... A month into it and I have already spent over 5k and thats just on the control room...

But the best advise is to research as much as possible..

--TiMmY--

Lopes said:
Is the joystick for editing and the throttle your master fader?:loco:

Currently, that's for blasting the shit out of people in Battlefield2!!!

BTW, you left out the rudder pedals.

Actually, I flew in Warbirds (ww2 aircombat sim) for about 6 years. Unfortunatley the game kinda died back in 2002, but I am looking to get back into it with Aces High.

ApolloSpeed said:
it's not square...... here is a rough look!

I got a control room with sliding door, vocal room, drumset area, and bathroom.

studio1.bmp

Did you make that photo in the Sims????

ROFL.. Some good comedy goin' round... This pic is quite hilarious, indeed. But, it is important to realize how much extra space/grass/sky/clouds are around the area... looks like he does not have to worry about any neighbors.