I'm coming to the States!!!!

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Sooo......what does it smell like then? Just a big ol crowded city smell? Parts of downtown Los Angeles have a very peculiar smell. :ill: Pollution? Stale? A nasty fart?..........Could it be your upper lip? :tickled:

o_O Do you always insult the members of this forum? :confused: :(

I was going to say that in my travels and having spent time in New Jersey, the smell more than likely is pollution being caused by all the industry that is there. While I was serving temporary additional duty at Fort A.P. Hill, a friend of mine and I were driving through NJ on our way back. He told me not to open the window when driving through the state and I soon found out why when I did. :ill: Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Bush Whacker said:
o_O Do you always insult the members of this forum? :confused: :(:ill: Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Ummmmm.....No. Why would I want to do something like that? :confused: I certainly didn't mean to insult anybody, so, I sincerely apologize if I insulted you or anyone else in this forum in any way. If you knew me you'd know where this is coming from. I am really not a negative person and this statement was meant in jest.........thus the :tickled: inserted after my sentence. That's the problem with typing, your real emotions and intent does not always translate correctly. Again, sorry if anybody was insulted.

Now, to go and see King's X!
Bye!

LooseCannon said:
I agree about Pat's.I went to see a friend's band play at the Pontiac in Philly last week.I stopped by Pat's.I bought 3 cheesesteaks from them(1 to eat & 2 to bring back home to Baltimore).

I would walk on my knees backwards & blindfolded through the snow all the way to Philly from Baltimore for one of Pat's Cheesesteaks.
Mmmmm.....yesss, and I'd be right behind you, LooseCannon!! What a sight that would be, haha!! :p
Last time I went to Philly, I bought a BIG bag of Amoroso hoagie rolls to take home on the plane. Then I stuck 'em in the freezer to keep them nice and fresh!! You can simulate a reasonably close Pat's cheesesteak right at home with minute steaks and whatever fixin's you like, as long as ya got the hoagie rolls!!
(oh the craving!!!) :loco:

Air Raid Siren said:
Mmmmm.....yesss, and I'd be right behind you, LooseCannon!! What a sight that would be, haha!! :p
Last time I went to Philly, I bought a BIG bag of Amoroso hoagie rolls to take home on the plane. Then I stuck 'em in the freezer to keep them nice and fresh!! You can simulate a reasonably close Pat's cheesesteak right at home with minute steaks and whatever fixin's you like, as long as ya got the hoagie rolls!!
(oh the craving!!!) :loco:

I made a football bet with a friend Philly when the Baltimore Ravens play the Philadelphia Eagles in Philly during the Regular Season.If Philly wins,I have to get him crabcakes from near the Chesapeake Bay(great crab joints here).If the Ravens wins,he has to get me cheesesteaks from Pat's.

LooseCannon said:
I made a football bet with a friend Philly when the Baltimore Ravens play the Philadelphia Eagles in Philly during the Regular Season.If Philly wins,I have to get him crabcakes from near the Chesapeake Bay(great crab joints here).If the Ravens wins,he has to get me cheesesteaks from Pat's.
Uh Oh!! Don't get me started on crabcakes!!! Now I'm REALLY hungry!! :loco:

Air Raid Siren said:
It's more of an East Coast American thing. I live in L.A. and ya can't get a good hoagie or cheesesteak here!!! :bah:
The secret ingredient is the bread, as I said before, and they are only for sale on the East Coast that I know of. That's why I sound so hungry!!! :cry:

On to happier (non food related) subjects!

YEESSSSSS I am really excited about the upcoming show(s) and can't wait to sing these songs with these awesome women!!!! This first gig is going to be really special, as it is our "Maiden Voyage" with me in the Bruce chair. I'm having so much fun and I'm loving every minute! I can't wait!:hotjump:

Wish you could be here too, but one of these days.....we'll see your headbanging self out there front and center!!!

You sound really excited about your first show! Not suprised tho, I would be too! I was at karaoke on Saturday night and was scanning the songs for some Maiden but they had none so I ended up doing Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69, The Eagles - Hotel California and a hilarious rendition of Queen's We Are The Champions with my pal's very drunk husband. (We chose that cos our team (Celtic) had just won the Scottish FA cup final.)

One of these days you will see me - and by god I can headbang ha ha! You'll be thinking to yourself "Who is that nutter in the front row???" cos I go absolutely mental at concerts! :D :headbang: