I'm going to see Metallica tomorrow!

Metallicat180 said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!

I'm at my sister's now and we're gonna be travelling to Glasgow pretty early tomorrow. I'm also gonna meet up with some of my fellow Metallica Fan Club members which I can't wait to do! This time tomorrow I will have no voice and one hell of a sore neck - and I can't wait! :D :headbang:
WHIPLASH! looking forward to hearing about the show when you get back- have a safe trip and a quick healing bangover \m/

Metallicat180 said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited!

I'm at my sister's now and we're gonna be travelling to Glasgow pretty early tomorrow. I'm also gonna meet up with some of my fellow Metallica Fan Club members which I can't wait to do! This time tomorrow I will have no voice and one hell of a sore neck - and I can't wait! :D :headbang:
COOL! :)

MiniMurray said:
WHIPLASH! looking forward to hearing about the show when you get back- have a safe trip and a quick healing bangover \m/

Unfortunately they never played Whiplash but it was still an amazing gig - and I have one hell of a sore neck (and throat and legs and arms...) :D Here's my report:

I woke up about 5.45am and couldn't get back to sleep even though we didn't need to leave for another hour. I finally got up and watched at bit of Scuzz and Kerrang TV before getting ready for the day. We finally left about 8am cos we were getting a lift with my sister's friend. After getting the bus to Dundee we went to my sister's work cos we were getting a lift with her boss. After waiting for nearly 3 fucking hours we eventually were on our way with The Black Album blasting!

After getting to Glasgow we parked the car and walked for miles till we eventually got to the Solid Rock Cafe which was PACKED!! When we got in we were looking for Kat (Metclubber friend) and found her next to the bar (where else! LOL!) and was introduced to a few other clubbers. After a drink we set off for the gig, but we had a couple of photos outside the pub with the infamous UK Torn flag (The name of the UK Metallica Chapter) and a Scotland one I had made. We were getting the tube and had about 15 mins to wait before the train, and I think we scared a few people on the train! After losing a couple of people, we eventually found Glasgow Green and were in!

We'd missed HIM but I don't think anyone was that bothered. Slipknot were just on when we came in. We had great fun sitting spotting all the awful bootleg t-shirts - and there were loads! Korn were good but had a very short setlist. Eventually we made our way to the crowd, trying to get quite close. Unfortunately you needed pit passes so we were at the back, but quite near the first barrier so it was a good enough view. After what seemed like an age the AC/DC song that gets played before Metallica come on started (I can't remember what it's called) and me and a few others went nuts cos we knew what was coming. Then The Ecstacy Of Gold started and the crowd went nuts, then Blackened started and the guys blast out on the stage! It was so great to see them on my home turf! Fuel had amazing pyros as always but the highlight of the set for me was the next song. James was saying this one was off Ride The Lightning and I was expecting For Whom The Bell Tolls or Creeping Death. I about shit my pants when they started the title track! I couldn't believe it! It was followed by the one song I wanted to hear and had been praying to hear for months - Fade To Black. As soon as Kirk started the intro solo I burst into tears and could hardly sing the first verse for crying. The jam before Frantic was really cool, then into another 2 unexpected songs - The Thing That Should Not Be, which had great voice effects and lighting and Holier Than Thou. The crowd had great participation during Creeping Death and was really loud. One other song I was hoping to hear was Wherever I May Roam and we got that one too! Then a run of the classics - Nothing Else Matters, Master Of Puppets, One and Enter Sandman. When James asked who had Kill 'Em All I was praying for Whiplash but then we got another rare one - Jump In The Fire. I couldn't believe it! Then closing with Seek & Destroy which was SO loud, the crowd was really into that one. That was it, over for till another time. What an amazing show! The boyz were on fire, never heard them sound so good! Can't wait to see them again - roll on October when I see them in the States!!! :headbang:

Here's the setlist:

Blackened
Fuel
Ride The Lightning :headbang:
Fade To Black
The Thing That Should Not Be
Holier Than Thou
St Anger
Sad But True
Creeping Death
Battery
----------------
Wherever I May Roam
Nothing Else Matters
Master Of Puppets
One
Enter Sandman
----------------
Jump In The Fire
Seek & Destroy

wow- amazing songlist! sounds like you had a blast-definately a show to remember huh! are you going to get both the u.k. and u.s. tour shirts to add to your collection?

MiniMurray said:
wow- amazing songlist! sounds like you had a blast-definately a show to remember huh! are you going to get both the u.k. and u.s. tour shirts to add to your collection?

It was an unbelievable day! They rocked so hard! Was the best show I've ever been to, Metallica or otherwise!

Definately got to get both the UK and US dates t-shirts, I bought another St Anger one there cos it had this years dates on the back, it's exactly the same as the one I bought last year on the front. My mate has 6 of those, all with different dates on the back.

I can't wait to get my photo's developed and post some links up here to let you all see.

P.s. And it didn't start raining till halfway through Puppetz, and only got kinda heavy during Jump In The Fire - a miracle for Scotland! Hehe! :D

MiniMurray said:
:kickass: awesome pics - damn the grass is green out there!
Thanks! :D The grass is very green out here - probably due to all the rain!

That'll be no problem in October tho - indoors, in-the-round stage - oh I am so excited!

You girls don't know if you'll be doing any dates around the 15th-23rd of October anywhere near NJ/Philly/DC do you? I hope so cos I've been promised that we can go if you are! (I hope if you are they're not on the 17th, 19th or 23rd tho! )

Metallicat180 said:
Thanks! :D The grass is very green out here - probably due to all the rain!

That'll be no problem in October tho - indoors, in-the-round stage - oh I am so excited!

You girls don't know if you'll be doing any dates around the 15th-23rd of October anywhere near NJ/Philly/DC do you? I hope so cos I've been promised that we can go if you are! (I hope if you are they're not on the 17th, 19th or 23rd tho! )
LOL you are alway excited! :D