im fucking terrible at vocals. please help.

Pdennis89

Jan 8, 2011
okay so i had a kid come in and lay down three vocal tracks. basically triple tracked the whole song so i had enough to work with. unfortunately when i got around to processing them and trying to fit them in the mix i realized one very important thing. i have fucking NO idea what im doing. literally never recorded clean vox before. im dead serious when i say i need all the help i can get. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55774736/Be...t and George Santee of Your Turning Point.mp3

I think the clean vocals actually are okay. May take them down 1-2 db. Also I'd try some (more?) reverb and delay (as sends!), that helps me getting clean vocals sit better.
As for the rest of the mix: Maybe a bit too boomy low-end for my taste. Other than that well done.

I like those vocals. Maybe compress them even more if they don't cut through easily. More reverb? They sound good in my end...

i feel like if i compress them anymore then ill keep getting those pops whenever vocal regions start playing. im working with the waves cla classic compressors bundle. any ideas what i should be using? im using the cla-3a atm because i like the color of it.