Im going to be getting a new guitar soon...suggestions?

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
My budget is about 1,000 dollars (US)

I'm looking for a guitar built for thrashing and lead work. Also one that has a decent clean sound.

I've been thinking about getting the schecter hellraiser 7 string, A vigier marilyn standard (about 1600 with non-tremolo bridge), or some kinda of a good BC rich. I want a bit more of a practical looking guitar than the one i already have, which is a Jackson RR5, so no Vs, or somethign that would suck to use sitting down. Any suggestions?

Benighted1 said:
I love my ESP Ltd, its a very versatile guitar for the price, has a good clean sound too...
If your not looking to spend a pile of cash, I'd recommend it

+1

The shape is just a bit weird but it's totally comfortable for sitting down.

F-500.jpg

I have the anniversary edition of this one but the difference is only aesthetic. Highly recommended, the sound (both clean and not) is very satisfying.

Ibanez RG7EX...best guitar for the money right now. especially if youre in the market for a 7 string. comes with EMG 707s stock, baritone 27" neck scale for better tonality and feel. comes with hard case. i picked one up myself recently actually, couldnt recommend it more.

RG7EXFX_BP_1M_01.jpg

Goober said:
I've been thinking about getting the schecter hellraiser 7 string

Good thinking. Get it, if you can live without a tremolo. Or hang around for Loomis' signature to get released. I have a hunch that it will just be a hellraiser with a floyd.

Ever since I played an Ibanez Universe, I've stayed well away from those guitars. They don't suit my hands at all. The necks are extremely thin, and get painful to play after extended periods. The guitars themselves have always felt, and sounded very cheap to me. Thin, brittle. But that's just me, they might suit you.

The Hellraiser has been the embodiment of all my metal tone wet dreams.

LOL @ schecter over ibanez using "brittle", "cheap" and "painful" as arguments.

the one i suggested to him comes from the japanese J-custom shop. you wont find many guitars of that quality at that price. i know what im talking about, ive owned every brand of guitar on the market at one point or another. but it IS personal preference, i just think youre generalizing all ibanez based off of domestic models or the "universe" model youre referring to.

the tonal quality of the wood isnt great, the stock hardware and pickups are terrible, theyre always less solid feeling than standards or customs, and they lack the charm as well as maintained 2ndary market value of their peers.

so in other words...its like a rental car for gibson guitars.

Oh heck no. No Gibsons......ESPECIALLY no les paul model off brands. I dislike the les paul very much. mainly because just about every other band has a gibson. over rated, over priced, besides, the gibsons just never did anything for me.

Any other suggestions? :D