I'm going to be in Stockholm for 3 weeks...

miho said:
How much for a ticket, from Ohio to Stockholm?
Just curious :)

well, i'm actually flying out of newark, new jersey but my ticket was like 600 dollars round trip \m/

Feicht said:
well, i'm actually flying out of newark, new jersey but my ticket was like 600 dollars round trip \m/

o_O 600 bucks for a plane ticket to Sweden from Newark?...That's extremmely cheap...:ill:

heh... I just arrived from Stockholm :) I was there for a week but actually didn't visit any places... I resided at Solna... very beautiful in this time of a year!
well, Tallinn isn't Ohio... :)

Illnath said:
o_O 600 bucks for a plane ticket to Sweden from Newark?...That's extremmely cheap...:ill:

yes i know :) that's the advantage of getting your ticket like 8 months in advance :D

Stockholm is beautfiul.

You can spend days just wondering off in a different direction, and no matter where you end up, it will be beautiful. Make sure you go around the old town, its really nice there.
As for CD shops, I found that they generally all have decent metal sections...and I went into a couple of really good metal stores, but I don't remember what streets they were on :/... You shouldn't have too much trouble coming across them though.

If you wanna be a tourist, you can check out stuff like the City Hall, and the Royal Palaces and stuff.

What are you going to be doing while you are there?

blackwaterpark_ said:
Stockholm is beautfiul.

You can spend days just wondering off in a different direction, and no matter where you end up, it will be beautiful. Make sure you go around the old town, its really nice there.
As for CD shops, I found that they generally all have decent metal sections...and I went into a couple of really good metal stores, but I don't remember what streets they were on :/... You shouldn't have too much trouble coming across them though.

If you wanna be a tourist, you can check out stuff like the City Hall, and the Royal Palaces and stuff.

What are you going to be doing while you are there?

well i figured i'd probably spend a day or two doing touristy stuff (vasa ship museum, skånsen, palace, etc) since you can get a 'stockholm card' and just pay one price for everything within a one or two day period... but the rest of the time? who knows. i was hoping, like i said, to find some cool record shops, maybe hit a few local shows, and just generally "hang out" there. i figured, like you said, that i could keep myself occupied for a while just walking around and looking at everything... i'd really like to meet cool people while i'm there too, but my swedish is kind of ...ehrmm... 'limited' :)

Feicht said:
well i figured i'd probably spend a day or two doing touristy stuff (vasa ship museum, skånsen, palace, etc) since you can get a 'stockholm card' and just pay one price for everything within a one or two day period... but the rest of the time? who knows. i was hoping, like i said, to find some cool record shops, maybe hit a few local shows, and just generally "hang out" there. i figured, like you said, that i could keep myself occupied for a while just walking around and looking at everything... i'd really like to meet cool people while i'm there too, but my swedish is kind of ...ehrmm... 'limited' :)

Swedish people do understand english. i`ll say that almost everybody understand more or less. But i guess you already knew that :)

Skansen is pretty neat and just next to Skansen is Gröna Lund (amusement park). They both are placed on Djurgården and it`s pretty beautiful there.....just strolling around in the sun is nice.

Deadlift said:
Swedish people do understand english. i`ll say that almost everybody understand more or less. But i guess you already knew that :)

Skansen is pretty neat and just next to Skansen is Gröna Lund (amusement park). They both are placed on Djurgården and it`s pretty beautiful there.....just strolling around in the sun is nice.

can you just walk around djurgården? like, i know you have to pay to get into skansen, but what about the rest of djurgården?

Feicht said:
can you just walk around djurgården? like, i know you have to pay to get into skansen, but what about the rest of djurgården?
Yeah. You can walk around. Here's a map:

Click here for map

Skansen (where you have to pay) is, as you can see on the map if you zoom in on the bulls-eye, surrounded with normal roads. You can zoom out, zoom in and pan around on the map in the link above. You can also search for different addresses and places if you wish. Unfortunatelly, it's only in swedish, but most things shouldn't be too hard to understand.

Will you have access to the internet while in Stockholm?

EDIT: Another map-service, in english, can be found on stockholmtown.com. It's not as user friendly though. Click here to check it out.

paradoxile said:
Stilgar...you rule man...I'm bookmarking this thread for my "after university" trip to Sweden...

Ruotsalaiset ovat ruskean reiän ritareita =
Swedes are brown hole's knights :erk:

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
For a moment I considered of adding you to my buddy list, but it seems that you are more into butt-buddy activities :yuk: :Spin:

I was kidding mate...I don't even speak Suomi
It's still not nice to say such things about Swedes...and Stilgar is the coolest Swede ever besides The Swanö bros. and Mikael

@=NoBigDeal=@ said:
Ruotsalaiset ovat ruskean reiän ritareita =
Swedes are brown hole's knights :erk:
Miksi sanot että kaikki ruotsalaiset ovat semmoisia? Minä vaan halvoin auttaa. :p

Anteeksi jos suomen kieleni ej ole niin hyvä. Isäni on suomalainen, niin minä ymmärrän soumea. Mutta oli kauan sitten kun puhujn paljon suomea, niin olen unohtanut aika paljon.