I'm listening to...

SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - Mental Torments -> Well, one of the only great progressive band from my country ^^! And this one is their best, really an amazing debut album I recommend to any fan of Prog Music (their second effort "Anima" is good too, but not as much though)

SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - Mental Torments -> Well, one of the only great progressive band from my country ^^! And this one is their best, really an amazing debut album I recommend to any fan of Prog Music (their second effort "Anima" is good too, but not as much though)

France has some amazing prog bands, Lord of mushrooms, regency, Parallaxe. Alot of the bands i am finding lately are from France.:kickass:

Don't forget the Netherlands! Ulysses (off course, some shameless self promotion :Smug: ), Sphere of Souls, NovAct, SIlent Edge and Sun Caged for example. I probably forget some good names (help me out here) and I am not sure if some of those bands are still active out there. The Ulysses album will be available worldwide from march the 3rd. So I know who I would pick, whoohahaha!!!! :headbang:

Actually, France's most relevant and amazing contribution to the world's culture must be GOJIRA, whose The Way Of All Flesh clobbered and killed its way into my 2008 top 5.

DeeExpus-Halfway Home - a great British band that grabbed me on first hearing a track on www.progulus.com - 2 mins later I'd bought the album Also, just got Unitopia - the Garden - Double album of slightly old school prog, but some great and varied influences on this album - best listened to with the lights off and with headphones

Jorn Lande - Starfire album... just discovered this album and am really enjoying the clear sound.

It's still too soon to start sampling bands that will play at PP2009 :p