Im New On Here!, anyone going to the gig in birmingham on the 15th?

So, if you've not used it, how do you know its crap?

Its a pretty commonly held belief that its crap for some reason, probably because the press occasionally says so when it suits their angle, but in truth the standards of care are usually pretty good.
Add to that, NHS Dental Care is awesome (I've had about 12 dental appointments in the last year, crowns, root canal, fillings, the works and it's cost me... nothing), Emergency Care is (usually) prompt and free for ALL and even when you do have to pay for things, its massively cheap compared to the true costs of the services/drugs.

If you still think its crap, then fair enough, there are plenty of private options available, where the standard of care may be better (TV in your room, cup of coffee whilst you wait perhaps?) and you can get insurance and go down that route, in which case, it's the same as the US, so what's the issue? It doesn't stop the NHS being an invaluable service to those who can't afford to pay for their healthcare.

All it does in my opinion is breed even more of a "gimme gimme" attitude where people don't have to work for something.
I'm doing fine right now without the government holding my hand through life, I don't need them to start now.

Fair enough, it doesn't bother me if the US sticks with its current system, none of my business...

I have to say though there does seem to be a bit of a crazy reactionary thing with a lot of Americans who think that any sort of help from the government is automatically a bad thing, I can't see how, given the choice, free healthcare is worse than losing your house to pay for a broken leg or something...

Fair enough, it doesn't bother me if the US sticks with its current system, none of my business...

I have to say though there does seem to be a bit of a crazy reactionary thing with a lot of Americans who think that any sort of help from the government is automatically a bad thing, I can't see how, given the choice, free healthcare is worse than losing your house to pay for a broken leg or something...

I think public health care is what is standard in a Humane society. how can you tell someone they cant get their treatment because they have no money...... :yuk: Its all about the money......

We all have to work for money, people who contribute nothing to the country should recieve nothing in return, it really isn't fair to the harder workers who do more to society. I have no problem if the individual states helped pay for healthcare, but not the federal government, especially when they create beauracracies that decide who gets treated rather than actual doctors or patient advocate groups that get to decide.

But enough of me derailing the thread.

We all have to work for money, people who contribute nothing to the country should recieve nothing in return, it really isn't fair to the harder workers who do more to society. I have no problem if the individual states helped pay for healthcare, but not the federal government, especially when they create beauracracies that decide who gets treated rather than actual doctors or patient advocate groups that get to decide.

But enough of me derailing the thread.

Its fair for everyone t get medical treatment, it has nothing to do with how much you work. so if you work hard you dont die, but if your a bum you do? Thats very elitist. Anyway youre entitled to your own opinion :).
And yes, enough with the thread derailment haha. I wish I could go to the Birmingham gig. Any of those gigs.