Im New On Here!, anyone going to the gig in birmingham on the 15th?

Every band should come to Leeds. Dream Theater put the effort in how about the rest of you! :mad: :lol:

We all have to work for money, people who contribute nothing to the country should recieve nothing in return, it really isn't fair to the harder workers who do more to society. I have no problem if the individual states helped pay for healthcare, but not the federal government, especially when they create beauracracies that decide who gets treated rather than actual doctors or patient advocate groups that get to decide.

But enough of me derailing the thread.

There's a certain amount of sense to that, but the idea of the NHS and the whole system in the UK is more complex than that allows for, for a start, every single person in this country pays taxes in some form, you can't avoid things like VAT, secondly, there are very few people who go through life without ever holding jobs, and those who do are not entitled to free NHS care anyway (totally free care is for children, students, pensioners and people on incapacity/unemployment benefits).

Just out of interest, and because I love to derail threads, what is the difference between the federal government running a healthcare system and individual states doing the same?

The federal government is one entity, meaning whatever it controls is bound by its rules alone.
Wheras we have 50 states that could have different rules which apply appropriately to the different states. It's nice to have some variety and competition.

Trivial? Probably
But it's also unconstitutional per the 10th amendment in our Bill of Rights for the Federal Government to hold powers not delegated to them by the constitution, and those powers are left to the states individually or to the people.
Now that I think about it actually, I wouldn't have a problem with State funded healthcare run by physicians and patient advocate groups.

I'm not a fan of the Federal Government holding more power than it needs to.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson.

I've never needed to be in hospital for anything so I can't really speak ill (haha) of it. In fact the only time I've been to hospital was when I stuck a crayon up my nose and it wouldn't come out. >_>

While I appreciate the Metal Scene that came out of San Francisco, I'm not a huge fan of the place.

Most unpatriotic bunch of hippies I've ever seen =P

Talk about EPIC thread derailment. I did laugh alot during reading this though :lol:

MY opinion? Evile + Tampa/St. Pete Florida = WIN:headbang: