i'm so frustrated!!

brightkelly

Dec 9, 2004
New York
i'm a new driver from a foreign country, i have a foreign license, but feel i havent learned enough since i always feel nervous on the road. i know most american kids have parents or relatives who can guide them after they go their learner's permit or license, but i have no one to turn to here. All my friends here are people who know nothing about driving, they cannot help me when i have questions on the road. I'm sometimes confused by some rules and driving ettiquitte here and feel even the manual hasnt explained them clearly enough.

i'm about to drive 4 hours from buffalo to pittsburgh in one month, alone or with a cant-drive friend. i wonder if there's anything i can do to make it safer.

i checked the bus, train, plane schedule too, but they waste more time. I have an exam to do right after getting back from pittsburgh...

Id call a driving school and ask them for advice. You're probably not the first one with your problem ;)
See if they dont offer any special course or something, it'll probably be only a few hours and the presence of a teacher will make you feel a lot safer

I say drive some with an instructor, THEN practice more on your own. It does you no good to practice if you can't do it right in the first place. And if you practice on the open roads you can endanger other drivers if you don't know the laws/etiquette.