feeling worthless.....

Silver Raven

Evil Wench
Apr 7, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I know everyone sometime or another gets a feelin that they are worthless but lately thats all I feel. No matter what I do to try to make myself feel better it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I'm driving my roommate mad with my ups & downs but I just can't shake the feeling of being worthless and not good enough for anything. Does anyone have any advice on how to bring myself outta this fucked up rutt I'm in??:confused:

Smash something really big. Totally beat the crap out of it. Something like a big vase, or an old tv (if you happen to have on handy). It doesn't matter, as long as it's big and you can take a sledgehammer to it.

Smashing big things gives you a sense of power. It works for me, at any rate.

Silent Downfall- Thanks for the advice but I'm pretty if I tried a few of those I'd end up in jail. I've been having the worst luck lately so I' sure thats where I'd end up at. But your advice really made me smile because you are right in every aspect. :)

TheLedTool-I try to express myself but it all comes out wrong. I always feel that whatever has happened is my fault in someway or another. I feel so retarded when that happens. And listening to music has been helping me some. Thank you :)

poet-well if I was a teen that might help but since I'm not it will prolly just irrate the fuck outta me and make me nuttier than I am :p

BlackHeart & rustymetal-those two together sound like perfect advice. Just need to find where to do them at :)

Juggie- I think that's some of the problem. I just moved not to long ago to another state and I have no clue where anything is. A car that wont make it barely down the street and hardly any friends. :(

Originally posted by Silver Raven

TheLedTool-I try to express myself but it all comes out wrong. I always feel that whatever has happened is my fault in someway or another. I feel so retarded when that happens. And listening to music has been helping me some. Thank you :)

Just keep trying. :) Sometimes it can take a long time... I can only speak from personal experience. A lot of times when I'm sorely depressed I need to get some feelings out. I'll just listen to music and write for a while... And my suggestion is to not to regret things, unless they are truly worth regretting. And again, from personal experience, they usually aren't worth regretting. :D And definitely listen to music. Music can reveal so much in itself. :)

Originally posted by TheLedTool

Just keep trying. :) Sometimes it can take a long time... I can only speak from personal experience. A lot of times when I'm sorely depressed I need to get some feelings out. I'll just listen to music and write for a while... And my suggestion is to not to regret things, unless they are truly worth regretting. And again, from personal experience, they usually aren't worth regretting. :D And definitely listen to music. Music can reveal so much in itself. :)

I've always tried to be the strong person and for once I can't be. I don't know how to let others in and I'm sure that if I could do that soo much could come out and I would feel better. As for regretting things...well there are a few things in life that I regret but it's like they have made me stronger even if they do haunt me daily...if that makes any sense. Music has always helped me in so many different ways. I just can't seem to find something that will let me get things out in a good way because sometimes I just wanna reach over and smack my poor roommate for the hell of it. I don't think he would like that very much:lol:

silent, I live in the Pheonix metro area. Chandler to be exact. I moved here from a really small town in Texas so I'm just lost. Where is your sister moving to?

I tried playing the guitar once. It was very aukward for me. Writing has always made me feel better but when I grab that pen to start writing nothing but hate and anger come out of it. Mainly towards myself. Butmaybe if I sat down and tried again with the guitar I'd have more patiences with it and enjoy it more. :)

BlackHeart & rustymetal-those two together sound like perfect advice. Just need to find where to do them at :)

You live in Arizona. How hard can it be to find somewhere out of the way? :D :p

I've always tried to be the strong person and for once I can't be. I don't know how to let others in and I'm sure that if I could do that soo much could come out and I would feel better. As for regretting things...well there are a few things in life that I regret but it's like they have made me stronger even if they do haunt me daily...if that makes any sense. Music has always helped me in so many different ways. I just can't seem to find something that will let me get things out in a good way because sometimes I just wanna reach over and smack my poor roommate for the hell of it. I don't think he would like that very much:lol:

:)

For me, I always am kind of the "strong" one, and people always rely on me... they are dependant on my consistency. And I am dependable. But there are times when I hate to have to be the strong one. You would wish that you would rely on them, for a change. I have not had an easy life, and I am stronger for it, yes, but I think the true proof of strength would to get out of the problems, to fix them, rather than just deal with them. Again, only my personal experiences.. ;)

Originally posted by TheLedTool

:)

For me, I always am kind of the "strong" one, and people always rely on me... they are dependant on my consistency. And I am dependable. But there are times when I hate to have to be the strong one. You would wish that you would rely on them, for a change. I have not had an easy life, and I am stronger for it, yes, but I think the true proof of strength would to get out of the problems, to fix them, rather than just deal with them. Again, only my personal experiences.. ;)

I've always been able to fix the problems I've had in life. Just some aren't fixable if that is even a word! A lot of my life has been hell. I was able to fix a lot of the things that had happened but sometimes there are things that can't be fixed, so I learned to deal with what had happened. Pretty much why I sometimes feel so worthless. You have some really good advice, much thanks :)