Beck

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Yeah, fucker ain't metal in any sort of way, and I've always been annoyed by his radio/video hits and shit, but GOD DAMN this fucker makes some wonderful music. Shit gets me by, espically at times when I'm feeling down and worthless ( waah waah :cry: chicks blah blah SHUT UP). One song, I think Round The Bend I've listned to like 13984193 times in the past two weeks and the shit moooooooves me in ways that other shit has not. Well, in other ways that NOT MUCH has not. Lately. Blargu.

1-star and/or ignored, my prediction.

Hee. Seriously, I thought this dude seriously sucked some mad balls for many years, but he does make some good fucking music. Very moving and emotional.

image55.jpg

I'm not a big fan, but I really like Sea Change and Odelay. His other stuff I either didn't hear or didn't care too much about. The Flaming Lips performed as his band during the Sea Change tour. Pretty cool. BTW--if you haven't heard Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, you need to.

Part of my daily routine is to listen to Round the Bend about 6 times in a row, but the whole album is just remarkable. It's one of those albums where Beavis would say "I listen to this and I think 'you know, it's gonna be alright.'"

EDIT: OKay, I'll take note of that Flaming Lips album. I heard them long ago and it was meh at best, but I also thought the same of Beck back then.