i'm so happy i didn't see that "no parking" sign on my street sunday night

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
i mean because i loved getting to take a nice long walk into medford to go pick my car up at the place it was towed to and i was ecstatic about paying $90 cash to pick it up.

AND i love the fact that the Medford police put a $25 ticket on the windshield too thereby giving me a good kick in the ass for being stupid and not noticing that every street around me was marked for street sweeping and no one was allowed to park on the sides of the street.

i fucking can't wait to get the fuck out of shitty ass medford.

there was this one time a UMass tow truck damaged my car so bad that the front wheels locked on the highway multiple times in one trip (josh was in the car with me) and we were almost creamed.

well i didn't notice anything wrong with my car on the drive back, at least nothing more than the usual noises i have been noticing anyway.

of course when i saw my car in the lot it was on this kind of incline that made it look like the front tire was flat and i got really freaked out.

chupe: actually no. medford is such a "townie" type of place that people are pretty respectful of your car when you park it in the street.

unless of course you park in a place that someone deems to be "their" spot and they politely egg your car. but they don't scrape it or anything.

I got a ticket for "bostructing street cleaning" on a never-swept Malden street. The only sign we found was so faded, it couldn't be read in daylight.So I went to dispute it and was informed that I ought to know between the flyers and local access channel bulletins. The "but dude... I'm from 70 miles south of here" argument worked surprisingly well.
And the next shitty ticket came in Fall River for parking too close to a corner. I'd normally pay but someone was much closer a block nearer the hospital so it was utter bullshit. Fortunately, it was a computer generated ticket and the dipshit got my plate number wrong.
My point is this is what you get for forcing people on this forum to call me Kleo. Hahaha.

When my piece of shit car breaks down, that is it. No more. I am subscribing to a car coop. It cost 350$ a year plus 15cents a kilometers (including gas), an hourly or day rate and they have cars all over the city that you can take. No insurance, no payments. And they have preferential prices at rental places for longer term (2-3days, whatever) needs.

this sucks. fuck cars.

mindspell, i feel similarly - my car is leaking gas now and the brakes sound like a pterodactyl.

unfortunately, after putting it off for 5 years, i'm looking for cars tomorrow.

greg do you want mine as a spare? if it gets towed, that's fine.

I really enjoyed my week abroad with very little car use, but at the same time, I really wanted to go to the sea and the zoo and to see the countryside. that's just not possible any other way. and since I'm trying to move further from civilization and have many dogs to wrangle, there just ain't no other way. I'm either getting a hybrid or a pickup in the near future I think.

I love owning a car. Having two is even better. Basically if I didn't have one, I'd be stuck at home on the side of a mountain with no way to get anywhere.

I can't exist without a car. My job is 40 miles away from my apartment. And even if I could get a job closer and move next to a grocery store, I would kill myself from the boredom of being stuck in Green Bay.

Also, I just paid my car off this week. Only 140,000 miles on it too (I put on many miles a year).

Also, parking tickets in Green Bay cost you like $6 or something.