I'm sorry, but the Kayo Dot CD sucks.

Jerkface said:
Yeah right, like I'm going to quit my job because some idiot going to college for his entire life and is scared of getting an actual job tells me to. You're not smart or cool, even if your emo friends say you are. Now shut up before I punch your fruity-faced avatar!

I don't really get what you have against education. I mean, it's not like it's a bad thing. The only downside for you is that in college you have to learn how to defend your position with logic and reasoning; the ad hominem approach you seem to favor doesn't hold much value. You'd probably even learn a thing or two about yourself, not to mention you'd have a better-paying job and would be able to overcome that sense of inferiority you seem to have going on.

By the way, don't let 0sm0se tell you otherwise: he is the biggest art-fag who ever lived. Sometimes I walk into his room to find him crying softly. When I ask him why, he replies, "because there is so much beauty in the world, that I doubt I can ever express it to the ones I love most."

Then he does a line of coke off a dead hooker's ass.

actually I have it on good information that Jerkface is one of my fourteen-year-old students. I'll call his mom and have him grounded from the Internet when we get sick of his rudimentary sputterings.

The Dope said:
I don't really get what you have against education. I mean, it's not like it's a bad thing. The only downside for you is that in college you have to learn how to defend your position with logic and reasoning; the ad hominem approach you seem to favor doesn't hold much value. You'd probably even learn a thing or two about yourself, not to mention you'd have a better-paying job and would be able to overcome that sense of inferiority you seem to have going on.

I have no problem with education. I just have a problem with spoiled art-fags and emo wimps who go to college forever on their parent's dime just so they can avoid having any real responsiblity for as long as they possibly can. Then they have the nerve to act so superior and stuck-up, when in fact they're just a bunch of sissy lazy losers who don't know what it's like to work for anything.

Since Kayo Dot is music made for these fags, there are most likely quite a few of these morons here on the board. That's why I'm mentioning it so much.

02_1_AmericanTapDance.jpg

mindspell said:
Jerkface, I still don't know why you dislike the album except that you hate us and the songs aren't toe tappers.

Pay attention! I hate the album because I think the songs all sound like you just walked into a studio and just recorded endless jam sessions. The songs really don't have any flow, any structure, and are just way too all-over-the-place for my liking. I don't like hearing whiny emo crap and then you bust into some stupid crappy grind section for three measures for no reason whatsoever. It just sounds awful and pointless. Not to mention I generally hate all things grind, emo, or artsy sounding...which is exactly what you guys sound like now.

At least Maudlin of the Well, while far from being a favorite band of mine or anything like that, was somewhat interesting and the songs had some form of structure.

Can someone scan and post the back of the Choirs CD insert (the "man-tique") for Mr. Jerkface?

See, that was the most concise, non-confrontational post you made. Bravo!

Here is what I think: I don't hear any grind in there, and I know grind. I don't hear emo either. Sure there is some vocals that are more emotion-filled than your typical Cannibal Corpse song but, as it was mentionned a lot of times before, it has more to do with Jeff Buckley than Funeral for a Friend. Just to make things clear: Jeff Buckley ain't emo. Artsy, I can understand where you come from but the reality is that artsy is not really a problem for me. For a lot of people art is equivalent to pretension, and well that is just bullshit. Art can be everything: funny, sad, highly abstract and whatever else.

In fact of you paid attention to the record insert you would realize that Choir of the Eye is clearly not a jam (oh crap, you probably downloaded it didn't you bad boy). That piece of music has been written, arranged and performed as written.

Jerkface said:
Pay attention! I hate the album because I think the songs all sound like you just walked into a studio and just recorded endless jam sessions. The songs really don't have any flow, any structure, and are just way too all-over-the-place for my liking. I don't like hearing whiny emo crap and then you bust into some stupid crappy grind section for three measures for no reason whatsoever. It just sounds awful and pointless. Not to mention I generally hate all things grind, emo, or artsy sounding...which is exactly what you guys sound like now.

At least Maudlin of the Well, while far from being a favorite band of mine or anything like that, was somewhat interesting and the songs had some form of structure.

Your argument that lack of "form or structure" explains music's crapness leads to the wonderful that your standard pop song is better than all through composed works. (Are the pieces entirely through composed anyway? I havent yet heard this album). Musical Republicans are so irritating.

"I do get laid...because I'm cool, attractive, and witty. I don't get laid because I play girly music in a jam band."

I believe that's bragging, hypocrite. Also, no lying, bragging, or exaggerating included, just the facts.

What I'm still working on is how he's managed to figure out a way to actually physically harm someone through the internet. It's really quite fascinating, this feat of seeming impossibility.

Jerkface said:
So let me get this straight...the fact that I hate your band's music is so out-of-this-world to you that my account has to be a joke?! You need to wake up and check out reality, which is where your band writes dull pointless and your fans kiss your ass to the point where you think you can just record anything and you'll be hailed as a genius. :yuk:

What instrument do you sorta play in the band? I say "sorta" because none of you guys really play your instruments in Kayo Dot. You only just make sounds with them in the most lazy way you possibly can.

Whearas before you said, "Oh well, the band members have the right to play whatever music they want to if it makes them happy. I respect them as talented musicians and people being true to the music they want to play". Jerkface are you just so angry angry you can't even keep your own opinions straight. Opinion isn't too much of an art-fag word is it? I mean I know it has multiple syllables, but it is part of the common vernacular...damn, theres another one.