"I'm sorry" song

ebrewski0075

New Metal Member
Apr 20, 2005
The song "I'm Sorry" on Recreation Day is a very powerful and beautiful song. I just have a couple of questions about the song. my first question is that the person who wrote the song, was he or she ever part of the group or what relation is the person to the group? All it says the person wrote the lyrics and music. does that mean the person wrote like the drums, guitar, bass and keyboard parts? and my last question is is the song like a cover song? because it doesn't say on the album that it is.

ebrewski0075 said:
The song "I'm Sorry" on Recreation Day is a very powerful and beautiful song. I just have a couple of questions about the song. my first question is that the person who wrote the song, was he or she ever part of the group or what relation is the person to the group? All it says the person wrote the lyrics and music. does that mean the person wrote like the drums, guitar, bass and keyboard parts? and my last question is is the song like a cover song? because it doesn't say on the album that it is.

Not really sure what your talking about here or what your asking...

The song 'I'm sorry' IS a cover originally performed by Dilba. Not sure if she was original artist or if she even wrote it or not... All I really do know is that the EG boys do a kick ass job performing it!! :)

Hope that helps a bit.

OK, here it is:

Dilba wrote the song alone (says so in the Recreation Day booklet).
She performed the song alone, like singer/songwriter.
The song is written for akustic guitarr, piano and vocals (maybe some strings as well)
The distorded gtrs, ad. keys, drums, solos etc. are arranged by EG.

Dilba is actually Kurd, her family is from the mountain regions in Turkey. According to a friend, who claims to know stuff like that (since she's also Kurd), Dilba was born i Sweden and have been living there since then. Her sister is a dancer btw, who use to tour with some sleasy disco-house freak called E-Type. Whatever, the only decent song Dilba ever wrote was "I'm sorry" (in my humble opinion), but it was not until Evergrey made justice to it I actually got into it.

Starchildren said:
OK, here it is:

Dilba wrote the song alone (says so in the Recreation Day booklet).
She performed the song alone, like singer/songwriter.
The song is written for akustic guitarr, piano and vocals (maybe some strings as well)
The distorded gtrs, ad. keys, drums, solos etc. are arranged by EG.
The original has: Acoustic guitar, vocals, electric piano, electric guitar, drums, slightly distorted guitar and bass... They just come in later than in the Evergrey version...

The Absorbant said:
The original has: Acoustic guitar, vocals, electric piano, electric guitar, drums, slightly distorted guitar and bass... They just come in later than in the Evergrey version...

That´s true.