I'm staying at Marriott for free this year (one night)

sccaldwell

Guitarist Wannabe
Long-time PPUSA attendee here (Craig). I've been every year except PPUSA VIII (my brother's wedding, dammit!!). I've been meaning to post this for 2 months, and finally got around to it...

Anyway, I signed up for a Marriott Rewards card a few years ago, and for PPUSA attendees, it's the best deal going if you're staying there.

Short version is that you:
1) Get their credit card
2) Pay an $85 annual fee (this seems high, but keep reading...)
3) Get ONE FREE NIGHT STAY EVERY YEAR

The Midtown (Peachtree & 17th) Atlanta Marriot Residence Inn runs about $220-240 per night. WIth the credit card, you'll save about $140 every year (even after paying the annual fee) on one night's stay. If you're staying there anyway, this is a must have, IMHO.

On top of that, you can often get bonus points when you sign up for the card, and here's where this benefits me. Marriott sent me little cards to get friends to sign up, basically. Normally the bonus points run 40,000-60,000 points (the PPUSA Marriott is around 20,000/night, so this is 2-3 MORE one-time free nights). Give them my Marriott Rewards number and they'll give you 80,000 points (4 free nights) as a bonus, and I'll also get 10,000 bonus points. Win-win.

The only real "catch" is that to get the one-time bonus points, you have to spend $3000 in the first three months that you have the card. WIth Christmas coming up, plus other stuff, this might work out for you. Even if you don't, it's truly a great deal for PPUSA attendees that already stay at Marriott anyway. Oh, and offer to get bonus points from MY referral expire 9/30/2016. After that you can probably still get 40-60K elsewhere, though.

If you're interested, PM me for my Marriott Rewards number, zip, and full name (all of which you'll need).

Hope this helps someone (and yes, it'll help me, too)!!!

Craig

Last edited: