I'm such an emo...(8string content)

Never heard Whitechapel. But yeah, Kazrog sold his also. He will be able to shed more light on that subject.

I sold my SC-607 a while back. It didn't sound very good, I'm guessing because of the maple body. It was just a goofy guitar all around, bad control layout, stupid signature at the 12th fret, plus the fucking abysmal 81-7 pickups (which I swapped out with 707s.) I bought it because I got a good deal on it, and it was a nicely made instrument that also played well.

However, it's also the reason why all the 7 string songs on Backmask's Dark Fiber sound inferior to the 6 string songs (which were recorded with my LTD F-2005 with EMG 85 pickups.) Still a decent tone, but nowhere near as good as it should have been, and that was with a 5150 + Keeley Modded Tube Screamer + Mesa OS Cab + Audix i5 + Original Neve 1081 signal chain. In other words, that's as good as that guitar is ever going to sound for metal.

Plus, my understanding is that LTD has moved their manufacturing from Korea to Indonesia - at least any recent LTD I've jammed out on is made in Indonesia - and they are far inferior to the Korean made LTDs of 2005 or so in every way. It's the death of the LTD line for me.

In any event, Stephen Carpenter has unique/odd tastes that don't map well with what any of us here are looking for tone-wise. I would recommend a Schecter Hellraiser C7 if you're looking for the best 7 string for the money.