Im surprised. no complaints about the production on the New Lamb of God Cd.

CB101

Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
Is there something wrong with my ears, or am I the only one that thinks Devin Townsend seriously fucked up the mix on the newest Lamb of God cd? The sound is so midrange and nasal it hurts my ears at times. I know they were going for a raw sound, but this just sounds bad. I do heard plenty of complaining about the production the new Nevermore cd, and I see the point, but I dont think the sound is that band.

I don't like the band much, but yeah. that production is pretty bad. It's similar to the mix on december's album which also sucks. it's gotta be what the band is looking for cuz he does an amazing job on his own shit and NBC by soilwork sounded amazing.

I don't think the production is all that bad. Yeah, I guess it may be a little bit trebly, so the guitars don't sound as crushing, but I still think it sounds pretty good. At least it's clear and polished, and you can hear evey note that is played.

man, if Townsend doesn't make bad productions on purpose, then he's easily one of the most overrated producers metal has ever seen.

if his mixes are crappy on purpose then that's ok. ;o)

The only Townsend production that sounds professional to me is his own Terria....

The Wanderer said:
I don't like the band much, but yeah. that production is pretty bad. It's similar to the mix on december's album which also sucks. it's gotta be what the band is looking for cuz he does an amazing job on his own shit and NBC by soilwork sounded amazing.

I despise the way he fucked-up the vocals on The Lament Configuration. It's such a shame because Mark Moots sounds utterly awesome live, crappy soundboard tech and all.

The only complaint I have is that the drums seem to be too far in the background at times. And that is a shame because Will is an awesome drummer and does some amazing shit. On NAG the drums were up front so you could hear everything he was doing. I like the guitar sound on ATPB though its a unique sound........

Spirit In Black said:
The only complaint I have is that the drums seem to be too far in the background at times. And that is a shame because Will is an awesome drummer and does some amazing shit. On NAG the drums were up front so you could hear everything he was doing. I like the guitar sound on ATPB though its a unique sound........
I hated the way the drums were mic'd/mixed on New American Gospel. It sounded like the bass drum head was made out of paper at times.