I'm trying to find a studio monitor

Well, I've worked on the A7's and I own a pair of HS80M's, and I personally prefer the HS80M's. Considering the A3X's are just the smaller version of the A7X's, which in turn are the new version of A7's, well, yeah :)

Dig around the forum. The HS80's are generally agreed to be the best bang for the buck when talking about prosumer grade studio monitors. Some prefer the A7's, but I don't, and then again, they are way above your budget, too.

Hi Jarkko,
I would love to hear your opinion about why you prefered the Yammys over the A7's.
I already ordered a pair of new A7's, and the HS80's were my second option.

Hi Jarkko,
I would love to hear your opinion about why you prefered the Yammys over the A7's.
I already ordered a pair of new A7's, and the HS80's were my second option.

Could be just personal preference or a matter of different control rooms, but to me the A7's lacked low-end and felt kinda fatiguing in the upper mid/high frequency range. I wouldn't worry, though, many of the forumites like the A7's so I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase :)

Could be just personal preference or a matter of different control rooms, but to me the A7's lacked low-end and felt kinda fatiguing in the upper mid/high frequency range. I wouldn't worry, though, many of the forumites like the A7's so I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase :)

:headbang: