Trying to find a well priced excellent studio DESK!

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Got some funny GAS for a desk at the moment, and my current one really does suck. I've been having a look around online and on my local hardware shops but there isnt too much that is great. Its all really good value, but ya know...

I just spied this thing online and was like.. WOW. Then i saw the pricetag, and it was about $1400 or something which is pretty annoying to me for a few bits of wood. The main needs:

-Monitors elevation ( I guess i could just get stands )
-space for a pc keyboard up top
-music keyboard drawer would be great

So yeh, i guess this thing is the goal, but at a nicer price and available in the UK :lol: I would probably try to build a desk, but i really suck at woodwork.

A1ED61BkNt-xlarge.jpg

Ive just found staples have some nice ones about for good prices so i might go down that route! Someones selling a desk on ebay in my city that looks ok too...

I cant believe that thing costs a grand tho! Nice and all, but fuck dropping a grand on that lol. Save up a bit more and then start buying argosy stuff.

no matter what i´d look for a real sturdy desk that doesn´t move and is solid like a rock
i got one from ikea and i´m happy with it (to some point)

Which one have you got? I went to IKEA recently (na IKEA de leixões no norte :p) and all desks looked and felt floppy and weak, plus didn't have the arrangement I wanted just like in the picture of the OP's post

I think you might be better off just looking for a big table and flanking it with monitor stands tbh! e.g.

Deskathome.jpg

But bigger and with a keyboard drawer

I HAVE ALLERGIES GODAMMIT :lol: And besides, it takes more than thin little tissues to capture my loads, paper towels FTW!! :heh:

Haha, and very nice Kyle :D

I haven't been able to find anything affordable/decent over this way. The only studio desks that have ever impressed me are the Argosy ones, but the AURA360 is $5,000 here so... yeah, 5 grand for something that you put shit on, and that's its only purpose for existing.

I have a Studio RTA Producer's Station, but I completely removed the keyboard tray and the entire top half of the desk. With the top half on, any monitor sits way too high, and when you've got a 28" widescreen LCD, you're seriously looking up 45degrees to see the top of the screen.

But, with the top half off, the desk is fantastic.