Image?

Mammoth

Capsicum Slave
Feb 19, 2003
The Land of TAXES [SWE]
Visit site
I don't want to make enemies, but why is the "blinded" video such a cheap "live shot"? I know Evergrey is probably the best Swedish band on the market for years but I'm still wondering why the "export" product is so crappy!? First and mostly the doom to the grammy is the fact that the first video/single from a GENIUS RECORD, released is a cover!!!! I have faith in that the next album will certainly kick up some much needed dust, but the quality of the videos needs to be raised. I can not understand how `grey can go undiscovered (sales wise people) during the last two albums, beats my wits but for the love of Rock get a real video director and a REAL promotor to kick some ASS!!!

I have no problem with the Blinded video, and they have done conceptual videos before, so I wouldn't blame this on bad marketing...as for I'm Sorry, that was partially released in order to increase the band's visibility in their homeland...

Hmmm...well, to be completely honest the video isn't as well crafted as the other two I've seen, Masterplan and Every Tear....but it's still pretty good. Actually, sometimes I like videos that focus on the band playing.

The thing I agree on 100% is in regards to it taking until Recreation Day for me finding Evergrey, and then after that only being able to find In Search of Truth in stores. Once I heard Recreation Day and realized they had been around for a few other albums, I was wondering why I'd never heard of them!

IMonochromatic said:
The thing I agree on 100% is in regards to it taking until Recreation Day for me finding Evergrey, and then after that only being able to find In Search of Truth in stores. Once I heard Recreation Day and realized they had been around for a few other albums, I was wondering why I'd never heard of them!

My point exactly! But even here in Sweden the record wasn't really marketed in Stockholm (except for a signing I believe). But it's sure as Hell is going mouth to mouth though! Anyone into prog/metal has more or less been cohearsed into buying this album by anyone who has gotten his/her hands on it! :lol: Contagious it is!!!! Seems people have really started to take Grey to heart!!! Anyone got the sales figures??

I like the video a lot visually. One of those few videos with only the band that gets me going again. Until Tom sings that is (and this has absolutely nothing to do with his vocal talents). I'm not quite sure if it's the camera angles or whether the video is just out of sync. It just looks weird to me...didn't notice anything like that in the The Masterplan video.
I should've probably made this post in the Blinded-topic where I promised to say something about it soon but I just watched the video two days ago. :p So I'll just post this here.

For the single thing, I think band should always release the biggest hit-song from the album. On mainstream standards, I guess I'm Sorry was that song, though The Great Deceiver has the Evergrey-hit quality, much like The Masterplan. :)
I'm not going to buy singles anyway unless the b-sides are REALLY good. They hardly ever are.

Did you see the video on television or via downloaded it off Evergrey's site? Keep in mind with downloaded stuff, sometimes media players don't quite play things in sync...sometimes the video will be a tick or two behind the audio, or vice versa.

I'll watch it again tonight myself...but I've not seen a version on TV, just the one from Evergrey's site.

I loved the "I'm Sorry" video with the picture-in-a-picture concept. Just too bad Tom had to die in it!!! The Masterplan was also a great video and much more polished looking than Blinded, that's for sure!