Immortal DID NOT split up!!!

They officially, positively BROKE UP. They are NOT getting back together, says Horgh in my email response. Nuclear Blast Germany was VERY WRONG when they posted that thing yesterday. And look, even Nuclear Blast Germany recnated what they said:

" Well, sad news.. Although stated differently earlier as it seemed as if the band only wanted to take a long break, here’s the 100% official news, directly from the band and management:

"After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time.

Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh"

Duh. Here's the link if you MUST have it:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/entry.html

Trust me, I really wanted to be wrong that they weren't getting back together.

am i the only one whos not sad over this? i think immortal has had their time, at least with their albums.. the last couple of albums havent been that interesting imo. ive seen them live a couple of times, which was pretty cool, but im pretty sure i'll do just fine knowing i wont see them agian.

bang said:
am i the only one whos not sad over this? i think immortal has had their time, at least with their albums.. the last couple of albums havent been that interesting imo. ive seen them live a couple of times, which was pretty cool, but im pretty sure i'll do just fine knowing i wont see them agian.

I'm very saddened by it, but not only because I loved Immortal's music, but because they were a 'constant' in a very unstable genre of music. I always found that I could rely on Immortal to churn out some kickass music, and to come around and play some of the tightest shows ever. I always felt they were true to their art, even though their sound did progress. I felt that they lived and breathed their music, and I always considered them to be one of the most genuine bands out there. They were classy guys who never let any ammount of popularity get to them.

And so Emperor have gone, and now Immortal too, and I can't help but look around and see this 'era' collapsing. It's all tumbling down. It's like the end of a golden age, sort of. Who are next to go? Darkthrone? Mayhem? What will we be left with when the greats have gone off and left their legacies behind? Who will pick up the torch and continue on? The future doesn't look very promising, and Immortal breaking up has led me to that realization. Now all I do is wait in anticipation for Dissection. Perhaps they'll be the ones ushering in the 'new era', and who better a candidate then them? Only time will tell..

I don't feel like retyping what I typed last time. And at least it's officially official, since they need to confirm it several times...

@Demonspell - thanks for the compliments. I took the photos of Abbath and Saroth at Wacken last year and the picture of Horgh at the Portland, Oregon show last May.

@yourdeadgroom - you are welcome. I do NOT like to see people trashing Immortal's name (as I have in the last few days) and figured I better speak up, even if it has to make me the voice of reason. Sad sad sad for me.

@Desecrated - Your words were very eloquently put. I appreciate every one of them and agree with you completely. I myself have not yet had the time to put my thoughts to paper. I just can't sort them all out yet. Hopefully I can do that soon.

@Steve - I only wish that Nuclear Blast Germany hadn't put that contradictary statement out in the first place. If that hadn't happened, none of this up and down shit woulda happened. Learn the facts TOTALLY first, THEN say something, ya know? Damned labels. hehehe