Immortal split up....

As far as I'm concerned Immortal vanished after Blizzard Beast (that album was a mistake). After that they totally changed and should change their band name as well. I guess popularity got to them as they were obviously getting big (even 12 year old Larries from NYC knew of them). Thank you Immortal for Full Moon Mysticism, Pure Holucaust and Battles in the North.

Yeah, guess they didn't live up to the band's name.
You would think that they were under contract with Nuclear for at least another album or so. Sounds like, hey guess who will do a reunion tour 2 years from now? How do you grow tired of a band after yr last cd got voted top of metal cd's for 2002.
Plus their webpage was the worse at being kept up to date ........ As for me, Immortal went down hill after "At the hearth .... "

I'm new here...this is my first post...but who cares. I'm really really bummed out about the immortal split up...i thought they finally had a truly solid sound with sons of northern darkness, and for once a solid line up. How sad

DestroyerChris said:
I'm new here...this is my first post...but who cares. I'm really really bummed out about the immortal split up...i thought they finally had a truly solid sound with sons of northern darkness, and for once a solid line up. How sad
finally???????.... I thought they sounded great in Full Moon Mysticism and Pure Holocaust and the last three or was it four albums sounded maybe solid but too much alike.

NP : Satanic Warmaster - Black Katharsis

DestroyerChris said:
finally!!! someone says there new in a post instead or creating an entirely stupid and useless thread! thank you destroyerchris and i hope you set an example for all the other noobs out there! hails!

Magnus7 said:
I was VERY depressed when Emperor called it quits without playing any of the new material out live.
I'm kinda sad I missed Emperor, but I don't care that they didn't tour to support the later stuff. IMo the last albums weren't that good.

Memorable.... Immortal couldnt make it....

And Pure Holocaust was damn good... as some others, I suppose. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Cheerz to all.

ScorpionShard said:
Damn shame that Immortal ended as a band, but I guess Abbath is still going to be active in the scene [he _must_ have a pet project :)].

Still sucks though, Immortal way on the right track, and fuck, they hadnt come to Turkey yet...
immortalturkey.jpg

This turkey doesn't look immortal to me.

Or is it alive?