IMMORTAL Split Up! - July 18, 2003

Ill have to give em a listen. Its taken them splitting up to make me check them out. They say thats the case with every disbanded band. The cds sales just rise.

Any recommendations?

I'm pissed not only 'cause my favorite Black Metal band broke up, but I was screwed outta seeing them on the Metal Gods tour with them and Testament and Halford and them back in May. I ordered the ticket and the next day the tour was cancelled.... sigh... And the ticket came anyway, like tis here to haunt me...
RIP Immortal :erk:

PURE FUCKING HOLOCAUST
Yea the sites maintainer was called up for military service awhile back. Immortal is dead for now. But Demonaz has said that he and abbath will once again join forces. His arm is nearly fully healed now...

Hi my name is Alina (Squeak). I am the moderator of the Immortal Forum on hmas.org. I can tell you that this is DEFINITELY a true statement as I got an email about it straight from Horgh. I am very sorry and sad to say that. This is one of the worst possible days for me. I love these guys. BUT I can tell you I will forever support them in their future bands. Grimfist is DEFINITELY killer, I have heard a couple songs now. I do love Pain as well, even if it's a different genre. If you like, you may discuss more on the official forum. I just thought I'd make it clear in here that it is a true statement.

This is the post I made on Friday the 18th. Here is an update as of Monday the 20th:

This is a link I got from Spaffe from the nuclearblast.de site today: "The rumours about the split of Immortal aren’t 100% correct.In fact, IMMORTAL will simply take a long break, as the musicians need to rest a while after 12 months of excessive touring. In the meantime, both Abbath and Horgh will concentrate on their own projects. To start with, the debut album of Grimfist will probably be released in September on Candlelight records, with Horgh on drums. So folks, don’t worry, you know what "IMMORTAL" means ;) " I just re-emailed Horgh and Saroth, since they are the ones that told me in the first place. HOPFULLY nuclear blast isn't putting that out just to calm some fans down and that it's true. But from the way Horgh and Saroth responded before, it sure doesn't seem like it. I will try my best to keep you posted! Ugh.

The last update I will have:

They officially, positively BROKE UP. They are NOT getting back together, says Horgh in my email response. Nuclear Blast Germany was VERY WRONG when they posted that thing yesterday. And look, even Nuclear Blast Germany recanated what they said:
" Well, sad news.. Although stated differently earlier as it seemed as if the band only wanted to take a long break, here’s the 100% official news, directly from the band and management:
"After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time.
Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh"
Duh. Here's the link if you MUST have it:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/entry.html
Trust me, I really wanted to be wrong that they weren't getting back together.