Immortal in the USA

dude for me, most stores won't have immortal or most of the metal we all seem to enjoy.

even with locomotive records it won't go everywhere, or at least nowhere near redneck representative of the midwest, Howell. I order almost everything concerning new and old releases.

Hm... it's the same here in Austria (the small country between Germany and Italy)!

I went to two record stores on Immortal's release day, but both didn't even know the name Pyramaze! :zombie:

Eventually, in a third store they had got a copy because a friend of a staff member has ordered it. This "Mr nice guy" gave me this copy and ordered another one for his friend! Otherwise I had ordered it myself!

But all three stores have the new Iced Earth single! Well, too bad I won't buy it! It's too boring, though Matt's voice is awesome as it always is...

Like many, I have already ordered IMMORTAL.
But before doing so, I did call (after the release date) and checked my local music stores to see if it was in. I tried many of the Newbury Comics, FYI, Best Buy, Circuit City etc., and none of these stores (though aware of Immortal) had not a single available copy.

I'm now having people who I have spread the word and introduced Pyramaze to, ask "where is Immortal available"? I'm giving them info to cd-sites / stores to purchase Immortal, but I wonder if this unavailability in US stores has been a common trend or maybe my region in the Northeast is having a problem? Maybe its still early in the game and these stores will eventually have more copies?
Just thought I would throw this out there to other fans and pass it on to the band themselves.

Hey Muz,

It should be widely available and our distributor Ryko has a big reach in the US. We can have the local reps visit the stores and sort out this issue. It often happens with smaller stores that don’t have an account with Ryko, they may then have to get it from a one stop.

I hope this explains it.

Michael.

:devil:

Hm... it's the same here in Austria (the small country between Germany and Italy)!

I went to two record stores on Immortal's release day, but both didn't even know the name Pyramaze! :zombie:

Eventually, in a third store they had got a copy because a friend of a staff member has ordered it. This "Mr nice guy" gave me this copy and ordered another one for his friend! Otherwise I had ordered it myself!

But all three stores have the new Iced Earth single! Well, too bad I won't buy it! It's too boring, though Matt's voice is awesome as it always is...

Hey RedCriss,

Same thing with your situation as mentioned above, just a different distributor. And please everyone keep in mind, we are NOT Bon Jovi, so some stores who don't do big in metal anyways, simply don't have a clue who we are. That's just how it is :)

Hey RedCriss,

Same thing with your situation as mentioned above, just a different distributor. And please everyone keep in mind, we are NOT Bon Jovi, so some stores who don't do big in metal anyways, simply don't have a clue who we are. That's just how it is :)

Hey Michael,

Thanx for you answer!

I'm pretty glad you're NOT Bon Jovi :), but your music and the name PYRAMAZE deserves to be as big as Bon Jovi's is!

YOU GUYS RULE! :worship:

Cheerz :kickass:
Criss

Yeah, thanks Mike...I understand.
Hope the distribution and sales go well for you guys, you definitely deserve it.

I just about order all my CDs online. Luckily, I do have a Newbury Comics very close by that is worth the short drive to have a CD in hand right away...even though at times its a shot in the dark to find good new metal at these stores.

I find www.cdinzane.com to be the best for in-stock, prompt delivery and price.

www.cduniverse.com is good and has a wider range of stuff, but find they are backordered and harder to process at times for newer releases. The reviews, similar artists, and ratings sections are all good features on thier site.

I too had difficulties getting Immortal on the 24. The local metal store here said that his supplier was still waiting to receive Immortal so I just said fuck it and ordered it Monday from the Laser's Edge www.lasercd.com

Got put in the mail on Tuesday. Sooooo here's looking forward to Monday Madness, ha.