31. The Oracle of Penile Savage

32. Vomitheads

33. They Start The War

34. Crimes

35. Sedation

36. Kein Spiel

37. Pattonsteins Disease

38. Drink Smoke Vomit

This is definitely a garage band at heart. Impulse Manslaughter are raw and gritty, and seem to be satisfied with that. These guys are obviously influenced by early punk and metal crossover bands, such as D.R.I., combined with some homage to the purveyors of grindcore, but also tend to delve into old school sounding sludge, similar to what CROWBAR did back on their first few albums. You can tell right away that these guys don’t take themselves too seriously, whether it be the music, and especially the lyrics. While you can never be too impressed with the quality of sound, one has to think if a band like this even worries about crap like that. They go out there to play their music, and if you like it, fine by them. There are definitely a lot of damn songs on this compilation, even though most of the songs are really on the short side. The title can be a little misleading as only the first 17 songs are actually recorded live, and the rest come from various ep’s, and compilations. If this sounds like something you could sink your teeth into, then by all means, check into IMPULSE MANSLAUGHTER, as you will probably find something to your liking here, but as for me, I can only take a band like this in very small doses. Rating: 6 /10

Evil C