Impulse Music is moving!

I don't think anyone is pointing fingers at retail stores.
Everyone feels for retailers, esp music retailers.
It has to be tough.
I mean, how do you make a niche?
Nothing is rare or hard-to-find anymore, with the internet. Most of the time, you can pre-order a new release direct from the label for very inexpensive.

Granted, it is always fun to find something at a CD store, as opposed to simply clicking and buying.

I suppose it's the whole, "The chase is better than the catch" mentality.

I used to be a SEVERE vinyl collector.
It would be great to make a "find" at a used vinyl shop or a record convention.
Once eBay came around, you could get literally anything as long as you were willing to pay.

Needless to say, the thrill of collecting diminished for me drastically, as there was much less glory in "clicking and purchasing" as opposed to driving many miles across many cities (even states, which I have done) to go record shopping.

Sorry if I got off-track a bit, but I think it speaks to how the internet has changed people's music buying habits (Which I know is obvious at this point)

Great post that mirrors my thoughts as well...the thrill of the chase (and the ultimate find) is gone...life goes on, I guess!

Rock on!

Steve told me today! they already have a store front in Colorado Springs.They are moving because they have family there and it will be cheaper to run the store there. there will be a lapse of 4 days between closing and re-opening. This move will happen in 2 weeks.........This is THE TRUTH...Just hung up with Steve. Steve says thank you all for the support over the years and they are in their 16th year and plan on going on as long as they can.

Ohh hell yeah. We used to have Mosh Pit records & mag buy then Wendy closed down about a year ago. Independent does a fine job of getting in a good mix of music too but I am really looking forward to having someone in town that I can go to and spend some time just browsing for stuff I either forgot about or didnt know I wanted. Can't wait to see where they end up.

Cheers
Jeff

Always got excellent service from Steve and Impulse. hope all works out for them.Sometimes even receiving purchases in 3 days from IL to VA.