Impulse of a TubeScreamer?

Jan 10, 2005
So I see a bunch of threads about impulses and I started wondering how an impulse of a TS9 would work out. Since I generally use the same settings on it anyway I could make one of mine so that it can be applied to DI tracks before reamping. Could even do several of them with different settings. Would it filter like the pedal does or what?

People have said that it wouldn't really work since impulses don't model distortion, but since I always tweak my TS to sound almost completely clean, I think you could still get the majority of the desirable filtering effect by using an impulse of one! I know there have been some made before that were posted here, but I haven't the foggiest where you could find 'em...

Nevermind, Ross to the rescue! :D

People have said that it wouldn't really work since impulses don't model distortion, but since I always tweak my TS to sound almost completely clean, I think you could still get the majority of the desirable filtering effect by using an impulse of one! I know there have been some made before that were posted here, but I haven't the foggiest where you could find 'em...

Nevermind, Ross to the rescue! :D

Yeah I only use mine the same way, I only want the filtering. On a rare occasion I'll turn up the drive slightly but in those situations I'll just use my actual TS9.

Thanks Ross!

np 006

i gota say like i've been using the TS impulses for about 2 or 3 days now and it certainly does make a difference, it wont give you any drive but it gives you a weird kind of saturated clarity and almost glassy tone when put before an amp. its hard to explain, you'll hear it when you load them up - nothing will beat using my own TS but if i was stuck i would most certainly use the TS impulses from now on