In a perfect world.....

Dan Swanö

The Watcher
Nov 3, 2001
www.swano.com
I (and Peter) will compose 45 min. of excellency for the 2nd Second SKy album (How I have the nerve to even think about the second, I don´t know...but I do!!!)
let´s pretend we both cannot find anything worthy of release...

the question:

which Unicorn songs from the demos and the albums would be
awesome to get a re-recording of..

ooooh I'll have to think about that one!

My favourite demo is ACOW II. But the sound quality there is fine to me... a re-recording there might change those songs and I love them. For example, the demo version of Czarina... is much better than the one on Ever Since!!! MUCH better!

i'll try to come up with suggestions!

Dan Swanö;5841355 said:
I (and Peter) will compose 45 min. of excellency for the 2nd Second SKy album (How I have the nerve to even think about the second, I don´t know...but I do!!!)
let´s pretend we both cannot find anything worthy of release...

the question:

which Unicorn songs from the demos and the albums would be
awesome to get a re-recording of..

I'd say:
"Lake of time" (because it's a hit)
"The Dumb" (one of the greatest songs ever)

In general maybe a few songs from "Ever since"
The "Emotional Wasteland" songs are perfect to me.

cool to see that we are on the same page here...
The trick would be to mix the takes from the demos/albums with re-recordings of the most lacking bits (often the vocal performance or the choice of Grand Piano sounds...hello "Hiding Again")
I have transferred all the mastertapes possible (ACOWII and the fullenghts) with their singlechannel onto a huuuge harddrive and can cut and paste the original Måreby masterpieces and "fly them" into the re-recording. Some of his leads are just so incredible!!! And some of my vocalperformances from the albums just need a bit of touch up pitchwise...so maybe there wil be some kind of Selfmade Unicorn Tribute album or whatever....that would rule...

by the way dan, some people have those original unicorn demo's on cd, but most of us have to make do with the mp3's you put up (you won't sell those demos anymore, will you?). how cool would it be to release a bonus dvd with all the unicorn demo's with the second sky album? :worship: or just release it anyway :D

by the way dan, some people have those original unicorn demo's on cd, but most of us have to make do with the mp3's you put up (you won't sell those demos anymore, will you?). how cool would it be to release a bonus dvd with all the unicorn demo's with the second sky album? :worship: or just release it anyway :D

I second that and it doesn't require any work except creating a few menus for the dvd and you could put the making of second sky video(if there is one)in there too.

How about re-doing Ever Since in it's entirety? I know I've mentioned this to you before. Together with your improved vocals abilities and production skills, that would be an absolute MONSTER! ;)

I would love to hear this songs re-recorded:

Times of Change
Emotional Wasteland
Hiding Again
Suddendly
The Boy and The Impossible
When The World Came Watching

just to name a few :d:D:D:D