IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

Hmm, All the Pain I'm so-so on. The autotuning in some parts is really obvious and offputting. The pre-chorus on that song should be the chorus, and the chorus just shouldn't be there. I do like the song but it has flaws.

Stay With Me joins the pantheon of great IF ballads like Metaphor, EIAC, Discover Me Like Emptiness, Come Clarity and Liberation. Very solid indeed.

SOAPF is the best post-Jesper IF album by some distance, but it's not like it has much competition. I'd also rate it above STYE and ASOP, as it beats both on production, riffs, solos and overall energy. SOAPF was definitely a new sound for IF but it's one I could have easily lived with.

I can't look at Chris Broderick without having PTSD of the time I did an obligatory horns gesture as he was riffing to "The Hive" two feet away from my face, and he actually horns-up'd back at me mid-riff. I'm not one of those corny metal fans, Chris, I swear...

There's no way to communicate to the band members that I think the horn stuff is lame, but I once gave a thumbs up to Bjorn at the end of some solo on the Siren Charms tour and he gave me a "come on, man" face. I smirked and did the horns and that got a satisfied look from him.

I do this because I care.

Hmm, All the Pain I'm so-so on. The autotuning in some parts is really obvious and offputting. The pre-chorus on that song should be the chorus, and the chorus just shouldn't be there. I do like the song but it has flaws.

Stay With Me joins the pantheon of great IF ballads like Metaphor, EIAC, Discover Me Like Emptiness, Come Clarity and Liberation. Very solid indeed.

SOAPF is the best post-Jesper IF album by some distance, but it's not like it has much competition. I'd also rate it above STYE and ASOP, as it beats both on production, riffs, solos and overall energy. SOAPF was definitely a new sound for IF but it's one I could have easily lived with.
Stay With Me is like a 10/10. All the Pain is like a 9/10.

I’m still waiting for Stay With Me to get put into a movie or TV drama. It’s literally perfect for that. Bjorn and Anders would get rich. Who knows, could happen anytime in the next 5 years.

I can't look at Chris Broderick without having PTSD of the time I did an obligatory horns gesture as he was riffing to "The Hive" two feet away from my face, and he actually horns-up'd back at me mid-riff. I'm not one of those corny metal fans, Chris, I swear...

There's no way to communicate to the band members that I think the horn stuff is lame, but I once gave a thumbs up to Bjorn at the end of some solo on the Siren Charms tour and he gave me a "come on, man" face. I smirked and did the horns and that got a satisfied look from him.

lol, that is a hilarious story man.

lesson learned, always give the horns.

I gave Anders the middle finger once during TCP. He saw my gesture and started to cry, so I told him I was just saying he was #1. Then he smiled and yelled at everyone to jump tha fuck up muddafukkas. True story.

Stay With Me is like a 10/10. All the Pain is like a 9/10.

I’m still waiting for Stay With Me to get put into a movie or TV drama. It’s literally perfect for that. Bjorn and Anders would get rich. Who knows, could happen anytime in the next 5 years.

I'd rate All The pain slightly lower at a 7.5 ot 8/10, but overall a good song for sure. Stay With Me a 9.5/10, an epic S&A-esque solo would have tipped it all the way to a 10/10, but it's still really good.

Well, IF got Trigger in Freddy Vs Jason so I guess it's possible for SWM to get TV/Movie exposure... personally I'd like for The Truth or Here Until Forever to get that honour, though, just to see Eochaid's reaction :D

I gave Anders the middle finger once during TCP. He saw my gesture and started to cry, so I told him I was just saying he was #1. Then he smiled and yelled at everyone to jump tha fuck up muddafukkas. True story.

The bootleg footage of that incident is Top 5 greatest metal moments of all time. Shame it's not on the internet anymore.

The bootleg footage of that incident is Top 5 greatest metal moments of all time. Shame it's not on the internet anymore.

"True Old School Metal Fan Makes Hipster Cry.mpeg" - classic.

Only kidding Anders, you know you're my bro really :cool: frankly thanks to lockdown I'm looking like an emo from the mid-2000s these days anyway, so I've got no right to rip on Anders.

Well, we all knew when ITM was released that Anders wasn't going to be able to do any of the singing live :D isn't there a version of ProTools that can autotune live?

I liked S&M version of Master of Puppets. No Leaf Clover is a nice track as well.

https://twitter.com/slaveBudapest @eochaid this isn't Slave, right? :D it's ticking all the boxes with Hungary, Jester and wants to be a slave, but...
Nope. That's not him. I know his real face by the way.

Can’t tell if you guys are serious or joking.

Bro, I'm not that cruel :D I love Anders really. Dude has been a part of some of my favourite music of all time. Nothing but respect for him, irrespective of his current state.

Nope. That's not him. I know his real face by the way.

Yeah, that's why I asked you :D

Also will you be mad if I say Here Until Forever is kind of stuck in my head now and I've listened to it a few times today? :eek:

frankly thanks to lockdown I'm looking like an emo from the mid-2000s these days anyway, so I've got no right to rip on Anders.
Nice. I’m growing it back now as well. Been 15 years since I cut my long hair. Got about 6-8 inches on the top so far. With the work from home probably continuing for another 6 months, I should be able to get pretty far through the awkward stage. At that point, hopefully it’ll be long enough to tie back or something and I can roll with it.

Bringing it back \m/

Figured I should give it one more shot before I go gray, or balding, whichever it might be.

You know that, for me, All the Pain and the previous song, what was the name? Anyway, I like them and, for some reason, they remind me if Iron Maiden a lot. All the Pain could easily be a song from Fear is the Dark or Dance if Death albums.

Also will you be mad if I say Here Until Forever is kind of stuck in my head now and I've listened to it a few times today?
The only virtue from battles is that every song is easily stuck in your head after just one listening

Nice. I’m growing it back now as well. Been 15 years since I cut my long hair. Got about 6-8 inches on the top so far. With the work from home probably continuing for another 6 months, I should be able to get pretty far through the awkward stage. At that point, hopefully it’ll be long enough to tie back or something and I can roll with it.

Bringing it back \m/

Figured I should give it one more shot before I go gray, or balding, whichever it might be.

Haha, yeah, lockdown is as good of an excuse as any to grow it out one more time. I had hair down to my shoulders until around 2010, then got it cut properly when I left uni and started working a proper job. Had it fairly short ever since then. This is definitely the longest it's been in a decade. I actually kind of like it - headbanging just feels better when you've got longer hair. I have got some greys coming through now though which reminds me that I'm old :(

You know that, for me, All the Pain and the previous song, what was the name? Anyway, I like them and, for some reason, they remind me if Iron Maiden a lot. All the Pain could easily be a song from Fear is the Dark or Dance if Death albums.

I think you're talking about Deep Inside - I really like that one. Sounded great live as well. One thing is for sure, Anders got his money's worth from the ProTools kit he bought this time around. His best cleans since SOAPF, maybe even since Come Clarity.

Reactions: eochaid
That's probably Benson's technology.

Deep Inside. Yes. That song is almost 100% Maiden.

Hair... I went from long hair to 3cms hair cut and I've never been happier with it. Since the time I first cut my hair like that I never let it grew again.

I have to admit it was a huge relief when I cut my long hair :D short hair is so much easier to maintain. Since I'm still working from home I can usually just leave my hair at the moment without doing anything with it, but if I go back to the office any time soon I'll be getting it cut again. Can't be dealing with all the attention from the ladies. You emo bois know what I mean.

Yeah, it’s kind of a pain. The biggest issue is showering and wet hair. So if you work out every morning, a pain.

The knots. Frizzing up. All that.

Women are rare in my workplace, not a factor for me.

Peak hair
View attachment 25593
https://spaceofentropy.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/bjorn-download-2006.jpg

Ah, Bjorn's classic Captain Caveman look. Anders with dreads, Peter long hair & goatee, Jesper looking the same as he always does and short-hair Daniel. Peak IF.

inflames.jpg

:cool:

unnamed-600x194.jpg

:rofl: