IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

F5789EC4-700E-4165-8EDF-DB5648C153DC.jpeg

Jesper with them dead eyes. Is Dead Eyes about him?

Throw it all away
Until we are erased
But it doesn't mean a thing
And I can't remember
What clear skies look like
Will I find out that I'm late for salvation?

inflames.jpg

:cool:

unnamed-600x194.jpg

:rofl:

Reactions: eochaid
300px-Nflaymez.jpg

This could/should have been the album cover for Battles, except obv with Christian Joe replacing Daniel and Niclas replacing Jesper. I guess you'd have to add Howard Benson as well.

Battles, featuring such classics as "YOU RIPPED DA HEART OUT, YOU RIPPED DA HEART OUT OF ME", "WE ARE, WE ARE WE ARE", "HERE IN MY ROOOOM", "THE WHOLE WILD WORLD IS AGAINST ME" and "WHEN I LOOK AT YOUUU I SEEE MEEEE".

Christian Joe proved he could double-pedal on "I, the Mask" and thus he has earned some measure of my respect.

I can be merciful when I need to be.

This is to say nothing of Clandestine Carl, who for all we know didn't even play on Lunar Strain and was just there for the photo op.

Battles (2016) alternate track list:

1. You Ripped The Heart Out Of Me
2. Outlaws on the Run
3. The Whole Wild World is Against Me
4. We Are We Are We Are
5. Don't Have The Answers, But I'll Survive
6. The Cold Is Real
7. Why Are We So Different?
8. You're Not My Friend
9. When I Look At You, I See Me (inside booklet: Dedicated to Eochaid)
10. There's Nothing
11. I Wanna Be (I Wanna Be)
12. Here's a Hammer, Build a Ladder
13. Empty Room Dream
14. Dance Across the Sky

#CLASSICIF #GOTHENBERGSOUND #MELODEATHMASTERS

Last edited:
Adema was the first """"""heavy""""""" band I got into, specifically that album. It benefits from nostalgia. That song is better than Drained.

In Flames were legit the first metal band I listened to. Just skipped over the whole Korn/Slipknot/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park phase that most teenagers started with and went straight to melodeath. My trve metal credentials are flawless. After that I got even more hardcore with Black Veil Brides, Brokencyde, etc and never looked back.

Can the 2020 Clayman EP be leaked already, I can't wait to be terribly let down by it but my morbid curiosity really wants to hear what it's like. I honestly think the whole thing would have been fine if it wasn't for where it was recorded.

Adema was the first """"""heavy""""""" band I got into, specifically that album. It benefits from nostalgia. That song is better than Drained.
High five mate, for me metal started with Immortal featured on 2002 Mortal Kombat :D The follow up album wasn't anywhere near the debut though, for which I still have some nostalgic feelings.
Anyway, I'm surprised how quickly it went from here to new grounds with oldschool MDM. I guess I am the highway, following Anders, not being afraid.

Scarily that album is now nearly 40 years old :D the equivilent of lisening to something from 1960 in the year 2000. Metal is in many ways timeless though. Production changes but great riffs are forever.

Scarily that album is now nearly 40 years old :D the equivilent of lisening to something from 1960 in the year 2000. Metal is in many ways timeless though. Production changes but great riffs are forever.
Think about this. Every IF good album was released before my children were even born.

Also, I think that NOTB, to this day, has one of the best productions ever done.

Think about this. Every IF good album was released before my children were even born.

Also, I think that NOTB, to this day, has one of the best productions ever done.

Some modern IF fans wouldn't even have been born when TJR was released. I was only 9 years old and probably would have shit my pants (in a bad way) at the time if I'd heard it :D

NOTB production is indeed excellent. They did a remastered version in 1998 but I'm not sure why - much like Clayman it isn't necessary to remaster something that already sounds great.

I started mainly with power metal (Stratovarius, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian) with some Maiden, Priest, and Dream Theater thrown in the mix. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but "Sigh No More" by Gamma Ray is still one of my all-time fave albums. It's very different from the typical GR sound, and often rated among the worst they've put out, but I really like the overall gloomy and pessimistic feel of the album, plus Ralf Scheepers sang great (prefer him to Kai Hansen.)

Last edited:
I started mainly with power metal (Stratovarius, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian) with some Maiden, Priest, and Dream Theater thrown in the mix. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but "Sigh No More" by Gamma Ray is still one of my all-time fave albums. It's very different from the typical GR sound, and often rated among the worst they've put out, but I really like the overall gloomy and pessimistic feel of the album, plus Ralf Scheepers sang great (prefer him to Kai Hansen.)

I like that album as well. (We Won't) Stop the War and The Spirit are two of my favourite Gamma Ray tracks. With that said Power Plant is my favourite GR album. Razorblade Sigh, Send Me a Sign, It's a Sin (great cover), and Wings of Destiny which might be my favourite GR song.

Honestly though I've never engaged with the GR fanbase so I have no idea which albums are considered good, bad or otherwise.

I think everything up to Powerplant is good/very good, after that there has been somewhat of a decline. (Am I an elitist? :D ) Land of the Free II was a huge disappointment for me, even if it has its moments. What sometimes bothers me on the more recent albums is the lack of originality/outright plagiarism. For instance, Dirk Schlächter more or less stole the chorus from We Are The Champions for his "Time for Deliverance". :p